You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: CANNOT ACTIVATE IPHONE 5 SIM!!

I tried doing it online and nothing will work for me. It's under my mum's name and I'm almost certain she doesn't have an online account with Vodafone...

Still think it's pathetic that they have set up an impossible to use website, with a feature for activating a new sim which doesn't work and a bloody alternative that is unavailable after 8pm. Nice one Vodafone, not really a way to keep hold of customers.

Message 101 of 126 (19,464 Views)

Re: Use the sim activation link on your acc. page

After 45 minutes still hadn't got service on the new phone, but just turned it off and back on and it worked. If anyone else is still waiting after a period of time might be worth doing the same.

Thanks again for the help, fully functioning iphone 5 now...fully happy user!!

Message 102 of 126 (19,121 Views)

same here, nightmare! was hoping to have this up and running by tonight but the webpage keeps timing out, plus i cannot logon to my online account as it says theres a problem with my account

tried putting the full sim numbers in etc still TIME OUT

what a load of crap!

Message 103 of 126 (19,412 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

have a look at this page. you don't even need a My Vodafone account to use this.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/campaigns/sim-activation/index.htm

Message 104 of 126 (19,411 Views)
MDL

Re: Use the sim activation link on your acc. page

Superb - after waiting for something to happen all day i found the page where you ONLY have to enter your new NanoSim number (albeit twice) and 15 minutes later it's working!

Thanks

Message 105 of 126 (19,091 Views)

iphone 5 and unable to activate sim

5 hours and counting........ need to visit vodafone and tell them to stick their three contracts where the sun is not shining....

cannot activate my nano sim from the website, from my account or from 191.

this surely is a breach of contract. selling a unit that they cannot support due to poor customer services. i will go to the store tomorrow and see if i can cancel my three separate accounts and move somewhere with better (or at least some) customer services.

This is not acceptable......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Message 106 of 126 (19,301 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Re: iphone 5 and unable to activate sim

This might sound stupid but have you tried restarting your phones?

Message 107 of 126 (19,290 Views)

Re: swapping sims

Squarecrisps wrote:

I'd reckon that as long as you have an email on firming tis successful then it will be. Switch your phone off and on again, when turning back on press and hold the power and home keys together til the apple appears on the screen. Once on it should work. Although bare in mind it can take up to 24 hours for a sim change to complete. 

Hope that helps. 

Nice one mate. That reset kickstarted my network connection. Thanks!

Message 108 of 126 (19,088 Views)

Need my sim card transferred but your website is down, when will this be fixed?

Posted from Facebook
Hi there, I need to transfer my sim card onto a nano sim but your website is not currently working for this, can you do this for me if I private message you my details? Not a great start to receive a new phone I can't use due to you technical error, after 10 years as a Vodafone customer it's made me consider quitting out now during my contract cooling off period.
Message 109 of 126 (19,097 Views)

Re: Need my sim card transferred but your website is down, when will this be fixed?

Hi,

I was also having problems transferring my SIM over, but you also need the last 4 digits on the SIM card itself - these aren't on the back of the SIM card wallet.

Hope this helps!

Message 110 of 126 (19,082 Views)

Re: Sim activation page not working

Hi - lovely iphone 5 - tried online to active the sim, but the page will not accept the delivery postcode??? any ideas

thanks vodafone - doesn't it say in the booklet that the sim will activate automatocally?

Message 111 of 126 (19,131 Views)

just found on another forum advice to log into your account and use the active sim there - done it and says it will work in 15 mins - let's wait and see

Message 112 of 126 (19,127 Views)

all working fine

Message 113 of 126 (19,118 Views)

I though just the same yesterday, each time I clicke don submit, it wne tot a "Internet Expolorer cannot display the page" blank page. A kept clicking, but with the same result, so I gave up. About an hour later, I received 14 confirmation emails and the sim was activated about 4 hours later.

What a beautiful device, so glad i by passed the 4S.

Message 114 of 126 (19,040 Views)
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Morning Everyone,

There are lots of discussions about activating SIMs so I've merged them all here to make the information easily accessable.

The fastest way to activate your NanoSIM is detailed here: Activate Vodafone NanoSIM

Thanks,

Tom

Message 115 of 126 (18,975 Views)

Almost cancelled my 10 year contract over the issues I had with the iPhine 5 preorder nightmare and wish I had now.

Registered my sim last night. Kept crashing so I tried a few hours later and kept getting an error saying unable to activate, please contact the support team. Helpful when they closed 20 minutes earlier ... thanks Vodafone ,,, really. Biggest launch day in history and you don't think it's worthwhile extending your opening hours. Perhaps you chose the wrong outsourcer!

So, finally, aboiut 1am, I get 5 email confirtmations. Then another one at 7am. It's now almost 2pm and still nothing. 20 hours after I started the stupid process.

Almost ordered with orange. Best thing, despite their fiasco (well, courier company's mess up really) with delivery dates, housemate had his Orange iPhone 5 activated in less than 5 minutes.

Message 116 of 126 (18,832 Views)

Customer Service - irony in the name

Ok - three calls now each lasting over 45 mins, then cut off, I have a Mac, it seems its impossible to nano sim transfer etc online, go to account and do the procedure and get sorry contact us - loop call to VF to hang on for 45 mins, cut off, go to support, back to sim activation page, crashes as cant handle anything other than windows. 

Can I not speak to a human?

Can I not activate on a Mac?

How can it be so difficult?

At point 24 hours on in sending the bloody thing back and go to O2

Arghh

Venting over

Message 117 of 126 (18,591 Views)
Rank 48: Master II

Re: Customer Service - irony in the name

Frustrating I'm sure - but go to a Vodafon store and they will a sim swap there and then for you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 118 of 126 (18,573 Views)

Community Manager still posting what he thinks is the solution - WHICH DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Message 119 of 126 (18,529 Views)
Tech Team

Hi folks,

We can only assist by linking to the page mentioned above by Tom. Please bear in mind that we have tens of thousands of Nano-SIMS getting activated at the moment so it may not happen straight away. If you're struggling with the online form, you can try later when there is less traffic going through. If your browser is struggling, it may be worthwhile to try an alternative such as Firefox, Chrome or IE.

The main thing I'm seeing reading through all of these pages is that many customers who have submitted the form successfully aren't seeing the swap over until they've reset their phones, so be sure to try this on the hour to see if a network refreshment helps. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 120 of 126 (18,425 Views)
iPhone 6

iPhone 6

Bigger than bigger