cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Brand New iPhone 5s cannot connect to mobile internet! Help!

itsjustme
2: Seeker

Hi,

I got my new iPhone 5s  (monthly contract) on Monday and its brilliant.... apart from I cannot connect to the mobile internet... i have been scouring the Vodafone website all day and have reset the network settings, I have changed the mobile data settings to the recommendation on the Vodafone site... nothing :Sad_face:

I cannot connect to itunes or internet, spotify etc unless I am on wifi.

The error messages i am getting are:  Cannot connect to iTunes Store  and Safari Is Not Responding :Sad_face:

I cannot get access to the wifi setup through work (only "special" employees get that!) so I cannot use the text to 40127 to get the settings and I need to use the internet on my phone during the day!! Incidentally at work the signals go through the Company Servers in Norway so we cant put on the lottery etc as it thinks we are in Norway!

I can download emails and am getting text messages so I am to say the least Confused!!

Can anyone help me please???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeeeha! 

Thank you so much!!

Did the Airplane mode trick and the hard reset..  which I had already tried but this time it working!  Everything flying now! :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your help.

Hope you have a great weekend :smileyhappy:

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Lockstock74
9: Established
Have you connected the phone to iTunes via a computer? This will automatically detect your network settings and you should then be able to connect to the network.

Another check is to go to settings > mobile > mobile data should be set to on.

Can you confirm that you have done these initial checks?

Hi,

Have connected to computer via iTunes and have also checked the settings > mobile > mobile data and its already on.

I seem to be getting internet now but cannot connect to itunes just keep getting error message, I tried signing out of iTunes and back in but it just freezes and eventually comes up with the "cannot connect" message.

Strangely when i set the Wifi password for our house and my parents house... they are not saving and i have to re-enter every time.... really annoying!

I know its just teething problems and I dont like to moan as I LOVE my 5s!!!

Thanks

Incidentally forgot to add on vodafone setting for mobile data and changed mine to

APN> internet

Username> web

Password> web

and this seem to have me on the internet now :Smiling:

Lockstock74
Another trick to try is switch on airplane mode and switch back on again. I used to have a problem with my 4s and this cleared the signal for me and when switching airplane mode off, a 3G signal usually returned.

Other than this try to do a hard reset of your phone by holding the home and on off switch until the phone shuts down. This can also clear bugs.

Hope this helps you :Smiling:

Yeeeha! 

Thank you so much!!

Did the Airplane mode trick and the hard reset..  which I had already tried but this time it working!  Everything flying now! :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your help.

Hope you have a great weekend :smileyhappy:

Lockstock74
My pleasure, always happy to help if I can.

Have a great weekend too! :Laughing_Face:

I hope to experience 4G this weekend as I am in London.....hope it comes to Manchester soon !

Ooh enjoy the 4G!!  I'm in the North of Scotland....... so I will have a long wait!! :Winking_smiley:

Thanks again :Smiling:

Severeheadcase
Changing the APN settings, hard restart and flicking in and out of airplane mode sorted.

Thanks

DonnaMontgomery

Can some one please help, i keep getting an error message when trying to send an email something about imaps.tools cannot be found.

ive deleted the account and tried to set it up again and now my phone cannot add it on. so im without email altogether on my phone.

Im trying to add a sky account.

Thanks