Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer Care/Service - A question....

VF_Why_Bother
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

If anyone can be bothered?.....

I have been with Vodafone on and off for years. Having been very impressed with the service and facilities when I was deciding which network to commit to October 2012, I have a few questions, which I would like answers to:

1.  Why, when GiffGaff can have a solution to a known issue with iPhone 5's after the IOS 7 update on their main support page, can't Vodafone? (this is where a 3G signal is lost - seemingly for good as it's been weeks now). Even if it didn't affect Vodafone iPhone 5 users in the same way, it's very clear from research on the net there are huge numbers of people with the same issue as myself.

Even if the above is excused....

2.  Why does your website not work?

a) If you try to use the support troubleshooting route, you get stuck in a loop

b) If you try to find a way to contact Vodafone and other way than by snail-mail, you get stuck in a loop

c) A website's purpose is to be user friendly... Why have you made it so unfriendly
         and impossible to use the way it seems to be designed to

3. Why is the Online Chat not working? It's been down for days (probably weeks!)

4. Why are you still offering Online Chat as one of the first options on your dreadful automated voice telephone system when it's clearly not been working for such a long time?

5. Why does your callback system not work! Is it just trying to keep up with the Jones's as nothing else other than sales is working at Vodafone, so why should it bother? Oh, and regardless of which options you choose on the phone system, Vodafone's favourite outcome... stuck in a loop.

6. Why do the solutions offered by you Tech team not reflect the issues clearly described by the customers? (I have spent considerable time trying to use the 'facilities' you provide to resolve my issue, to no avail. Regrettably, I have to work for a living so couldn't afford additional days and days, ultimately sacrificing my job in my quest for the answer to my original issue. NOW Vodafone are my issue! There is so much bigging up of Vodafone over the needs of the customers, it's shocking!

7. Why did it take scouring the eForum user contributions (NOT A TECH Team member) for me to find the solution I was looking for. Your users seem to have more of a clue and working knowledge of the issues!

8. Do you REALLY think you can survive in this market be treating your customers in such an appalling manner? The impression I am left with is that Vodafone has gone from a viable competitor to a collection of nomads with their heads buried in an assortment of sand buckets. Well, all those departments with no customer allowed to speak to them?!! (apart from sales of course)

9. Why have I spent so long trying to contact you when it is absolutely crystal clear you have no intention or desire to speak to me?

10. Ever thought of Vodafone branching out into a new sector? Perhaps the arts? I would suggest Mime! Speaking to people is not something you've neither a talent for or are very successful at.

11. Why have I written such a rambling blog entry? Because YOU drove me to it and I need to vent my frustration somehow!

I know this blog entry will be viewed by a moderator and not be published, but I live in hope that it will however prompt some response from someone at Vodafone to contact me - if there is in fact anyone there at all?

I will be patient for a couple of days. However, if I haven't had the courtesy of a call from you by the end of the week, I will entertain the masses on Twitter and Facebook with my display of patience and humour and a copy of this blog submission.

12 REPLIES 12

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

No of course not. I've had this twice recently with other companies - one being a Welsh based car insurance company and yesterday with an American insurance company in Kansas. It's very irritating.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Of course I realise that is the simple blasé response jeffkin; I expect more thought to go into Vodafone's response but thanks for your interest and for informing me that other companies have the same problem, although I'm sure you're aware, that doesn't make it acceptable!

One of Vodafone's KPIs relates to Consumer NPS, the result in 2013 was "more work to do", they certainly do, it is not acceptable, whoever you are, to hang up on one of your customers who needs help, especially when you have just forced them through a time consuming automated call routing system.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rinty.

Apologies for your experience and we're looking into this.

I have answered your other post here.

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

DaveCD