Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer Care/Service - A question....

VF_Why_Bother
3: Seeker

If anyone can be bothered?.....

I have been with Vodafone on and off for years. Having been very impressed with the service and facilities when I was deciding which network to commit to October 2012, I have a few questions, which I would like answers to:

1.  Why, when GiffGaff can have a solution to a known issue with iPhone 5's after the IOS 7 update on their main support page, can't Vodafone? (this is where a 3G signal is lost - seemingly for good as it's been weeks now). Even if it didn't affect Vodafone iPhone 5 users in the same way, it's very clear from research on the net there are huge numbers of people with the same issue as myself.

Even if the above is excused....

2.  Why does your website not work?

a) If you try to use the support troubleshooting route, you get stuck in a loop

b) If you try to find a way to contact Vodafone and other way than by snail-mail, you get stuck in a loop

c) A website's purpose is to be user friendly... Why have you made it so unfriendly
         and impossible to use the way it seems to be designed to

3. Why is the Online Chat not working? It's been down for days (probably weeks!)

4. Why are you still offering Online Chat as one of the first options on your dreadful automated voice telephone system when it's clearly not been working for such a long time?

5. Why does your callback system not work! Is it just trying to keep up with the Jones's as nothing else other than sales is working at Vodafone, so why should it bother? Oh, and regardless of which options you choose on the phone system, Vodafone's favourite outcome... stuck in a loop.

6. Why do the solutions offered by you Tech team not reflect the issues clearly described by the customers? (I have spent considerable time trying to use the 'facilities' you provide to resolve my issue, to no avail. Regrettably, I have to work for a living so couldn't afford additional days and days, ultimately sacrificing my job in my quest for the answer to my original issue. NOW Vodafone are my issue! There is so much bigging up of Vodafone over the needs of the customers, it's shocking!

7. Why did it take scouring the eForum user contributions (NOT A TECH Team member) for me to find the solution I was looking for. Your users seem to have more of a clue and working knowledge of the issues!

8. Do you REALLY think you can survive in this market be treating your customers in such an appalling manner? The impression I am left with is that Vodafone has gone from a viable competitor to a collection of nomads with their heads buried in an assortment of sand buckets. Well, all those departments with no customer allowed to speak to them?!! (apart from sales of course)

9. Why have I spent so long trying to contact you when it is absolutely crystal clear you have no intention or desire to speak to me?

10. Ever thought of Vodafone branching out into a new sector? Perhaps the arts? I would suggest Mime! Speaking to people is not something you've neither a talent for or are very successful at.

11. Why have I written such a rambling blog entry? Because YOU drove me to it and I need to vent my frustration somehow!

I know this blog entry will be viewed by a moderator and not be published, but I live in hope that it will however prompt some response from someone at Vodafone to contact me - if there is in fact anyone there at all?

I will be patient for a couple of days. However, if I haven't had the courtesy of a call from you by the end of the week, I will entertain the masses on Twitter and Facebook with my display of patience and humour and a copy of this blog submission.

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi VF_Why_Bother,

To answer your questions:-

1). An update was released by Apple soon after the main update to iOS7.

This resolved the issue and we advised all affected customers to make sure they’d got the update.

2). If we do get issues with the website, we’ll do our best to fix them as soon as possible.

If you’re facing issues, try clearing your browser cache and cookies to see if this helps.

Also, try a different browser to see if you get the same message.

3). I’ve just checked and Live help is available.

There will be times when all advisers will be busy helping other customers, meaning a small wait.

4). Live help is offered first as this will give a more immediate response for a customer.

They also do have the option of calling us on 191 for help with their query.

5). I’m not aware of any issues with the callback service.

If there were, I’d expect to see more posts about it.

6). With some queries, it’s necessary to cover off basic troubleshooting as in a lot of cases it’ll fix an issue.

On those occasions it doesn’t, we’ll ask for more detailed information to be able to investigate.

7). We’d always advise using the search function to see if your query has been answered.

We do have our Community Experts who will also offer advice and support.

There will always be occasions when we need to reply to a post and will do so.

8). We always deal with our customers in the way we’d expect to be dealt with if the situation was reversed.

9). If there’s anything that you’d like to discuss with my team, get in touch with us here.

10). You can get in touch with Customer Services via 191, Live help or here on the forum.

Some customers will find it preferable to use Live help or emails rather than calling.

11). If you use the link in point 9, we’ll be in touch with you as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Andy

And it is no better in November 2015!

Once again I have renewed my contract and cannot get access when abroad. Added to which I cannot get in touch with Vodafone as guess what their live chat is offline, their website is being tweaked ( again), I have no other phone to be able to call them on - remember my problem is that I cannot make a call from my mobile - and there is no email option.

I should have realised all this when I couldn't renew/upgrade on thewebsite, but had to call someone - who I have to add was most helpful.  But I think this will be the last time. Any recommendations out there?

VF_Why_Bother

THIS IS NOT RESOLVED!!!!!!  I thought you had marked it as solved, so clicked on the solved button, thinking it would change the status to still un-resolved. Please change the status back as IT IS NOT RESOLVED!! I also note there is no facility to re-open a resolved issue, should the issue return within - say - a day? But then, it's all about stats and resolution targets, isn't it? Yes, I know about the support industry, which is what qualifies me to be so disgusted with your system.

You response is a series of statements which don't reflect facts. Live Chat was working briefly this morning but with a 15 minute wait time... Then it went off-line again.

In response you your inadequate response..... (UPPER CASE USED TO HIGHLIGHT MY COMMENTS - NOT BEING SHOUTY, ALTHOUGH I'VE EVERY RIGHT TO BE)

1). An update was released by Apple soon after the main update to iOS7.

This resolved the issue NOT IT DIDN'T and we advised all affected customers to make sure they’d got the update HOW? I NEITHER WAS MADE AWARE OF THE ISSUE OR THE SOLUTION. I DID A SEARCH YESTERDAY AND AGAIN TODAY. THERE IS NOTHING ON YOUR BLOG ABOUT THE ISSUE OCCURING OR A SOLID SOLUTION. JUST YOUR INNANE RESPONSES TO PEOPLE ASKING FOR HELP, WHO YOU CAN SEE YOU'VE NOT READ THE DETAISL PROPERLY.

2). If we do get issues with the website, we’ll do our best to fix them as soon as possible. SO WHY IS IT STILL NOT WORKING? YOU CLEARLY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE FAULTS.

If you’re facing issues, try clearing your browser cache and cookies to see if this helps. THAT'S NOT REALLY GOING TO FIX A WEBSITE THAT DOESN'T WORK

Also, try a different browser to see if you get the same message. OH, YOU MEAN LIKE CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI... ANY MORE YOU WANT ME TO TRY?

3). I’ve just checked and Live help is available. DAMN.. YOU WERE THE LUCKY ONE TODAY. IT WAS WORKING EARLIER TODAY BUT WITH A WAIT TIME OF 15 MINUTES. I WAS AWAY FROM MY LAPTOP - WHICH I KNOW WAS STUPID - AND IT WASN'T WORKING AGAIN. 24/7? NO WAY! JUST CHECKED AT 7:20PM - LIVE CHAT (24/7 REMEMBER) IS NOT WORKING AND THE CALL BACK LINK JUST LOOPS ME BACK TO THE MAIN SUPPORT QUESTIONS PAGE... YEAY!

There will be times when all advisers will be busy helping other customers, meaning a small wait. OF COURSE, BUT THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE HERE.

4). Live help is offered first as this will give a more immediate response for a customer. IMMEDIATE? LOOK UP THE DEFINITION IN A DICTIONARY. JUST AFTER YOU CHECKED SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE DEFINATIONS

They also do have the option of calling us on 191 for help with their query. AS STATED IN MY ORIGINAL POST. I TRIED THIS AND YOUR PHONE SYSTEM LOOPS TOO. OTHERS HAVE COMMENTED ON THE BLOG ABOUT THIS. YOU WILL RECALL I ALSO POINTED OUT YOU DON'T READ WHAT YOUR CUSTOMERS TELL YOU. YOU JUST PROVED MY POINT!

5). I’m not aware of any issues with the callback service. THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE A BLOG AND CUSTOMERS - TO ALERT YOU TO WHEN IT IS. THAT IS WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE.

If there were, I’d expect to see more posts about it. IGNORANCE = BLISS?

6). With some queries, it’s necessary to cover off basic troubleshooting as in a lot of cases it’ll fix an issue.

On those occasions it doesn’t, we’ll ask for more detailed information to be able to investigate. HOW MUCH MORE INFORMATION DO YOU NEED? YOU ARE A SERVICE PROVIDER. YOU ARE CONTRACTED TO PROVIDE A SERVICE - PART OF WHICH IS AN ELEMENT OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION/CONTACT. GET FROM BEHIND THE SHELTER OF YOUR DAMN KEYBOARD. YOUR'RE A TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY. USE A TELEPHONE TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME!

7). We’d always advise using the search function to see if your query has been answered.

We do have our Community Experts who will also offer advice and support. YES, YOUR USERS SEEM TO KNOW MORE BUT IT DOESN'T GET THE INADEQUATE VODAPHONE SYSTEMS RESOLVED

There will always be occasions when we need to reply to a post and will do so.

8). We always deal with our customers in the way we’d expect to be dealt with if the situation was reversed. GOD HELP YOU THEN - YOUR EXPECTATIONS NEED TO BE REVISITED

9). If there’s anything that you’d like to discuss with my team, get in touch with us here. HAVE YOU TRIED THAT LOOP - SORRY - LINK YOURSELF? IT TAKES ME TO THE FORUM.... WHICH IS WHERE WE STARTED - ANOTHER LOOP! - YEAY!

10). You can get in touch with Customer Services via 191, Live help or here on the forum. YOU MENTIONED THIS IN NOTE 4 - AT LEAST ONE OF USE CAN READ AND CAN DIGEST WHAT SOMEONE HAS WRITTEN

Some customers will find it preferable to use Live help or emails rather than calling. SOME CUSTOMERS? THEY'LL BE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE GIVEN UP TRYING TO GET PAST THE PHONE SYSTEM LOOP. OH, BUT THE CHAT ONLY WORKS FOR ABOUT 24 MINUTES EVERY 7 HOURS (24/7)

11). If you use the link in point 9, we’ll be in touch with you as soon as we can. OH, THIS IS THE LINK THAT TAKES ME THROUGH TO THE FORUM AGAIN...

IF I THINK I NEED A CAREER CHANGE, I'M GOING TO WORK FOR VODAFONE. WE ALL NEED A BIT OF ESCAPISM IN OUR LIVES. I LIKE THE IDEA OF LEAVING REALITY BEHIND FOR A FEW HOURS.

Cheers,

Andy

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi VF_Why_Bother

I'm sorry to see the frustration this is causing you, but it's quite clear that we're going round in circles, so lets go straight to the point.

If you're having difficulties with your handset and you'd like us to take a look, we can do so in our repair centre.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

If you'd like to speak with us on the phone, it's 191, or if you'd like to speak with the team, contact us using the link Andy provided ensuring the subject line is as shown in your PM.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

I have been trying to call 191 ###### of changing to t.mobile. Before you ask, no there is nothing wrong with my phone.

Thanks ###### SO I CANT LOG IN TO READ MESSAGE. GOT THAT.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fato,

Welcome to the eForum. 

I'm afraid I'm not too sure what it is you're struggling with from the messages you've posted. Let me know if there's anything our team can help you with and we'll be happy to offer support. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Stop being such a whiny baby, geez.

All these people are trying to help you in a nice way and you're just being rude, live chat works as I was having a chat 2 days ago concerning an upgrade to my phone, the call back works fine as I had to port a number over and used the call back system as there was a long queue

I'm in my account now and working perfectly fine, It was down a few days the past week but so what, big deal, tech difficulties happen

I have just called 191 and followed the menu to the option of "support and help with my device" which involved selecting the following options: 2, 2, 3

The recorded message said nothing other than:

Thanks for calling Bye!

That is atrocious and sends out the message that Vodafone doesnt want to talk to customers who need help/support, is there any truth in that message?