Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emails coming through extremely slowly on iPhone 5S

jallum1993
2: Seeker
1) It happens everywhere

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? - happens everywhere, as above

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? No

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Emails come through to my phone hours and hours after they arrive in my account

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? Happens on all, including wifi connections of all speeds.

6) When did you first notice this issue? 10 days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

The emails come through on my old iPhone 5C absolutely fine, virtually immediately. However, they can be delayed by many hours on my iPhone 5S. The wifi connections I use it on are very fast connections.

I am exchanging the phone, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

This problem is clearly nothing to do with the network as it's happening in WiFi as well. It has to be a problem with your phone but more likely your ISP.

Have you tried deleting the accounts from the iPhone and then setting them up again?

You should also try a factory reset to make sure any glitches in the phone and iOS are removed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jallum1993
There wasn't a section I could find that fitted properly, hence me picking this one.

I have tried doing a factory re-set, have deleted the accounts etc, but it sadly hasn't helped.

I will exchange the phone tomorrow and will see if that helps.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jallum1993 

If this is happening on the iPhone 5s but not the iPhone 5c, it's tricky to see what's causing this.

The network or WiFi will be used on both and would therefore give the same results.

Please let us know if a change of handset has helped.

DaveCD

jallum1993
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately the change hasn't helped. The new handset has experienced the following issues:

Freezing
Spontaneous re-sets (two within one hour of each other)
Emails coming through slowly
Apps not working properly (the my vodafone app especially)
Re-sets not working properly (not deleting stuff that they should)

Vodafone want to look at the new handset and send it off for repair. Not good enough I'm afraid, I've had the second handset a few days only. I will be requesting that my contract is cancelled, unless I'm offered a sensible compromise.

Any advice you can give would be great though :Smiling:

jeffkinn

The contract for airtime and the phone itself are completely separate - they won't cancel any contract due to handset problems. You are entitled to warranty repairs of course but that's all.

You need to let Apple look at the phone - don't deal with Vodafone.

Did you restore a backup to the phone? Have you tried setting it up as a new phone and trying it out without a minimal number of apps? It could be an app causing the problems or something corrupted in a backup that keeps getting put back on the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png