Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forgot iPhone pass code

Spongeabs
2: Seeker
Hi my girl has an iPhone 5s and she was messing about changing her pass word to get into phone, now it's has locked her phone for 60 mins and she still can't remember it, how do i get it changed and her pass code???? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
The only way around this that I'm aware of is to reset the phone as a new phone in iTunes. It will wipe the phone and all data on it will be lost. Does she have her stuff backed up to Icloud?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
The only way around this that I'm aware of is to reset the phone as a new phone in iTunes. It will wipe the phone and all data on it will be lost. Does she have her stuff backed up to Icloud?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Spongeabs wrote:
Hi my girl has an iPhone 5s and she was messing about changing her pass word to get into phone, now it's has locked her phone for 60 mins and she still can't remember it, how do i get it changed and her pass code???? Thanks

You may have a couple of problems here.

As already advised the only way if your daughter is unable to remember her passcode is to connect the phone to iTunes and set it up as a new phone.

BUT if phone is running ios7 then you will also need the password to you Apple account otherwise you will not be able to restore the phone. If you do not know the passworrd to your Apple account you will need to go to the Apple website and follow the prompts to reset you password using the security details you gave when you set the account up.

Spongeabs
Grrrrrrr she's a pain in the butt... Thank u for ur help.. X

nanaolive

@Spongeabs wrote:

Though your girl forgot iPhone passcode, don't worry, if she have Find My iPhone enabled, she can use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of her iPhone. If she have been using iCloud to back up, she may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

kids

The offical Apple advice:

If you cannot remember the passcode, you will need to restore your device on the computer that was used to originally sync the iPhone or iPod touch so that you can reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup). If you restore on a different computer that was never synced to the iPhone or iPod touch, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode but your data will not be present.