Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fraud

Hayleycooper20
1: Seeker
I am absolutely disgusted in the service I have been provided by Vodafone in the last 48 hours. Firstly, on the 16.12.14 A text message was sent to me notifying me that my SIM card would now be disconnected and thank you for letting you know? Hummm I did not ask you to do this, this then lead to the fact I had to walk miles home from work as I had no way of contacting anybody.
The next day my phone still said no sim installed, I also had my bank cards rejected any many stores which I thought was strange. When I got home I rang you customer services who kindly told me that I had rang them yesterday to activate my SIM card? This was not me but another person pretending to be myself!! Due to your colleges allowing this stranger to transfer my number over to them this has allowed them to hack into my online banking and withdraw thousands of pounds!!!!!
I asked numerous people to put me through to your fraud team and yet each time the call was cut off!
I wish to leave Vodafone and end my contract which I was told I would have to pay £400. I'm sorry but I think all the stress and financial loss Vodafone has cost me this will be wavered.
I would like a response ASAP as I spend over and hour on my land line phone yesterday which will of also cost me a large amount of money which I don't have due to you!
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Hayleycooper20 ,

I'm sorry to see somebody knew sufficient details to impersonate you on the phone.

You can report fraud to us via 191, option 2, option 3. Live help is also an option if you'd rather not call.

While email isn't an immediate route, I've sent some instructions to you here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

We'll need to perform a fraud investigation before we can discuss your cancellation options.

Thanks,

Ben

juliush
1: Seeker

Have the same issue. Nearly a month and no vodafone represenative has contacted me. I always call them. This has happened twce too.

Just a joke.

Hi @juliush 

I'm sorry to hear this.

So my team can take a look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Laura