cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long does it take to unlock iPhone 5S?

icon_boy2013
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I submited the online form, around 5 days ago, and Ive not heard anything back, not even a confirmation email? thanks
22 REPLIES 22

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi there

You should get an automated reply by email giving you a reference number. This may have gone through to your junk folders so it may be worth checking there.

Typically, once Vodafone have processed your request and passed it on to Apple,it takes Apple about 7-10 working days to complete the unlocking. You can, of course, check at any time to see if your phone has been unlocked. Just connect the handset to iTunes with a non Vodafone SIM card in it. You'll get a message in iTunes telling you that the phone has been unlocked.

PWIAC

thanks for the reply, as of yet - no emails from Vodafone (checked junk email too)

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi icon_boy2013,

I can see your email reference [#7712463] has been picked up since you posted.

As this is account specific, we'll handle this away from the eForum. :Smiling:

Cheers, 

Ben

I’m am extremely disappointed with the way Vodafone customers services are fobbing me off, regarding having the iPhone unlocked, After 4 requests via the unlock form I am now lived and just fired off a letter of complaint. How can it be that there are 4 request failures regarding my post code not matching my account, the worst thing is that I have to do all the chasing around, there is never any feedback from Vodafone! There seems to be a pattern on these forums regarding personal details not matching unlock requests - this isn’t on at all!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi icon_boy2013,

If your details don't match what we have on file, we're unable to handle your request.

If you need to update your account info, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page or pop into your local store.

Cheers,

Ben

My details have been matching as I'd been taking screen shots before submitting the web form, also I've had customer services send emails to the NUC team confirming that the post code is correct.

its a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi icon_boy23,

One of the most common issues with details not matching can relate to the IMEI number. If you got your phone from a third party or had it replaced due to a repair or insurance claim, then we'll need to see paperwork.

If you use the instructions I've sent you, we can pick this up.

Cheers,

Ben

I couldn't agree more. I am in exactly the same boat.

On 10th September 2014 I submitted an unlock request via the form, and have sent an extra just to be sure. I got the confirmation screen pop up that the form had gone both time, but no email at all.

All of my details entered were correct and matched my account information.

I spoke with the online chat team on 11th September who confirmed that my request was being processed and I would receive an email on 12th September. No email was received. I then chased via the online chat team on 15th & 16th September and in both conversations was promised it was being looked in to and I would receive a reply within 24 hours.

Guess what, NO REPLY!!!!!

I have also spoken with Vodafone customer services via twitter, who promised to look in to it. They arranged for me to fill in an online email form, which they then confirmed had been received but, again, nothing further has been received.

The service provided by Vodafone in what should be an extremely straight forward matter is farcical. I am at the point of deciding on an upgrafe and after this fiasco am seriously considering moving to another network, after about 16 years with Vodafone.

Not good enough!

I am thouroughly fed up with the service provided by Vodafone in relation to what should be a VERY straight forward issue.

On 10th September 2014 I submitted an unlock request via the form, and have sent an extra just to be sure. I got the confirmation screen pop up that the form had gone both time, but no email at all.

All of my details entered were correct and matched my account information.

I spoke with the online chat team on 11th September who confirmed that my request was being processed and I would receive an email on 12th September. No email was received. I then chased via the online chat team on 15th & 16th September and in both conversations was promised it was being looked in to and I would receive a reply within 24 hours.

Guess what, NO REPLY!!!!!

I have also spoken with Vodafone customer services via twitter, who promised to look in to it. They arranged for me to fill in an online email form, which they then confirmed had been received but, again, nothing further has been received.

The service provided by Vodafone in what should be an extremely straight forward matter is farcical. I am at the point of deciding on an upgrafe and after this fiasco am seriously considering moving to another network, after about 16 years with Vodafone.

Not good enough!