Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I phone 5s will not charge

Gohrey13
1: Seeker
My I phone 5s will not charge . I have checked charger and it will still charge other deviices.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. It sounds like a hardware / software fault with the device if you've already eliminated the problem of a faulty charger.

First up I'd try updating / reinstalling the software by connecting your phone to iTunes.

If this doesn't work, or the phone isn't recognised when you try and connect the port to a computer via the charging cable, then it sounds like a hardware issue. 

If so, take it to your local Vodafone retail store who'll be able to examine and arrange a repair if needs be.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

redpages

Hi. It sounds like a hardware / software fault with the device if you've already eliminated the problem of a faulty charger.

First up I'd try updating / reinstalling the software by connecting your phone to iTunes.

If this doesn't work, or the phone isn't recognised when you try and connect the port to a computer via the charging cable, then it sounds like a hardware issue. 

If so, take it to your local Vodafone retail store who'll be able to examine and arrange a repair if needs be.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

BandOfBrothers
On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Check no dust etc is in the charging port.

If your within a year I would suggest making an appointment at an  Store Genius Bar via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ if you have one local that is. If they can't resolve this they typically swap it out for you there and then in house.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.