Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I want to unlock my iphone

VinodSonar
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have purchased an iphone 5 from ebay India and it shows that it is locked to UK vodafone. It's a valid purchase. I want it to be unlocked. Could I know a UK vodafone email address where I can ask to unlock my iphone and send my iphone bill receipt. I have attached my bill receipt here also. Please do reply at the earliest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

This sounds familiar.  You asked this question April this year.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-NUC/How-to-unlock-an-iphone-5-which-is-locked-by-UK-vodafon...

If you refer to your original thread, the answers are exactly the same.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS

This sounds familiar.  You asked this question April this year.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-NUC/How-to-unlock-an-iphone-5-which-is-locked-by-UK-vodafon...

If you refer to your original thread, the answers are exactly the same.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

As you have been told before, in order to get the phone unlocked, you will need to contact the original owner. They in turn will need to request the unlocking.  If you can't contact them you Vodafone UK won't be able to unlock the handset. The reason for this is that they have to provide their account information on the unlock request form and if it doesn't match, the request will be rejected.

PWIAC

I have attached the receipt of my valid purchase from ebay India. Please do check the bill receipt. How come you are talking about original user ? Are you saying online purchase in ebay is not valid. Thousands and lacs of people do purchase online. Are they supposed to chase original owners. I have just made a valid purchase. You just let me know how do I get my phone unlocked.

drey_p

@VinodSonar wrote:

You just let me know how do I get my phone unlocked.

You have repeatedly been told how to get your phone unlocked.  You get in contact with the original owner.  The original owner fills in the unlock request.  That gets processed and sent off to Apple who unlock the phone. 

If you cannot contact them, Vodafone will not unlock the phone for you whether or not you have a receipt from eBay. 

PWIAC

It's the job of ebay as the company to prohibit illegal or invalid sellers to operate through ebay. It's not my job to check and chase sellers. I have already spent my hard earned money on the phone. And I do stay in India. What am I supposed to do then. It's a UK vodafone locked phone. I'm now the valid owner of my phone. Hence I could ask for unlocking of my phone. Please, help or do suggest well instead of pushing my request away everytime in the name of original owner.

Many people here in India have been able to unlock phones locked by other networks. Why is vodafone being so  unkindful, uncooperative and adamant ?

Please give me the email address of UK vodafone higher authorities where I can put my case.

drey_p

@VinodSonar wrote:

It's the job of ebay as the company to prohibit illegal or invalid sellers to operate through ebay. 

That is something you will need to take up directly with eBay if you feel that there is an issue with the sale.

@VinodSonar wrote:

It's not my job to check and chase sellers.

If you want your phone unlocked, then it is your job to chase the seller.  Once you discovered it was not unlocked, you should have raised a complaint through eBay as the item was not sold as described.  If you didn't do this immediately, then you have lost out and will be unable to return the phone.

@VinodSonar wrote:

It's a UK vodafone locked phone. I'm now the valid owner of my phone. Hence I could ask for unlocking of my phone. Please, help or do suggest well instead of pushing my request away everytime in the name of original owner.

And has been explained to you repeatedly, ONLY the ORIGINAL owner can request the unlocking. You aren't the original owner, so therefore you cannot request the unlocking.  What you can do is either sell the phone onto someone who wants to use it on Vodafone UK or use it as a very expensive paperweight. 

@VinodSonar wrote:

Please give me the email address of UK vodafone higher authorities where I can put my case.

There is no email address.

PWIAC

To be fair to the OP, I've been informed by Vodafone Customer Services very recently on 191 that it is the responsibility of the original point-of-sale to re-register second-hand iPhones' IMEIs to the new owner in order for unlocking to proceed, and that it has nothing to do with the original owner. That Advisor even double-checked with a technical colleague.

I've also been informed in a Vodafone store that second-hand iPhone unlocking can be performed after a short period of ownership and continual usage, with no mention of the IMEI registration requirement or original owner input. This latter is the same information I received from other networks' stores, such as O2 and EE.

drey_p: Given you don't appear to work for Apple, I would suggest you refrain from making assertions regarding their policies. Given you don't appear to work for Vodafone either, perhaps you should refrain from making assertions regarding their policies as well. I'm not saying you're wrong; but both I and the OP are quite justified in thinking you're not right.