Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPhone 5s battery

mullet559
4: Newbie
Hi there, I'm having a problem with my 5s battery, I've contacted apple and they have said that it's software related and not the actual battery (I've done several restores).
They've said that I should go into an apple retail store to see what the problem is but my question is, is there anything vodafone can do about this it's not a screen crack or anything like that
4 REPLIES 4

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mullet559,

If you got the phone from us directly, we can also get the iPhone in for a repair. You can also find out more about your warranty here. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben

mullet559
4: Newbie
Hi there,

Is there not a way to just replace it?
Thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mullet559,

In the first instance we have to arrange a repair of your current phone. If it's deemed beyond economical repair, pa like-for-like replacement may then be offered. :Smiling:

Apple may be able to replace it on-site as the manufacturer has more leeway on the manufacturer's warranty.

Cheers,

Ben

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@mullet559 wrote:
Hi there,

Is there not a way to just replace it?
Thanks

The only place you will get it replaced quickly is at an Apple store.
There have been problems with the battery life caused by a software update but I thought a fix had been released for this.
If you take it to Apple they can run a diagnostics test on the phone and if it is in fact a faulty battery they can give you an out of warranty replacement on the spot.