Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pjo1976,

Firstly, thanks to drey_p for the advice he’s given, it’s spot on.

If the Network troubleshooting thread hasn’t helped, follow step 7 and post the template on the forum so we can take a closer look at the area.

Another option would be to get a replacement SIM to rule this out as a cause.

You can pick one up free of charge from a Vodafone store; they’ll even activate it for you there and then.

Whilst in store, they can also try your SIM in one of their phones to see if the same issue appears.

If it doesn’t, they’ll be able to send your phone for repair.

Hi MotoGT,

Vodafone Red Hot may be of interest to you.

Cheers,

Andy

Redhot isn't of interest to me as I just managed to get rid of my redhot contract.

Funnily enough the horendous experience with Vodafone didn't stop there.

I had a text telling me I had not returned the phone and as such I owed them £325.00. I had the paperwork to prove I had returned it but this was not enough.

I had to make the 16 mile trip to the store for them to find their copy and upload the details to their system... not so much as an apology.

I will never come back to Vodafone.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi RDJ

That's disappointing to see. If this happens again please follow the steps in the network troubleshooting thread, so we can investigate.

MotoGT - I'm sorry to read about your experience. If there is anything that we can help with please let us know.

Thanks

Sukhi

paulog
I tried turning on/off, checked DND, airplane mode on/off etc etc

My problem was resolved by turning off 4g then calling myself from another phoned and it worked. When I turned 4g back on it still works!!

I have also been expierencing this problem since Oct 12 to date despite numerous calls a new sim card and new handset the problem still persists, I have spoken to tech support on numerous occasions giving numbers and times that it has been known to happen, so far no solution and no returned calls 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jfn25,

Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jenny

I have recently experienced the same problem. The only solution that was effective was to turn off 4g.

I have recently changed my iphone 5s to a 6 plus because of this problem only to find that I still had the problem. I knocked off my voicemail by dialling 1210 & then re-activated by dialling 1211. PROBLEM SOLVED !! My phone rings again !! Strangly i called my iphone from my landline when voicemail was de--activated & was still put through to my voicemail. Could this problem be to do with a bug in Vodafone voicemail ?

Hi Mpkenny and easto82,

Thank you for the update.

If there is anything else we can help you with let us know.

Cheers,

Laura

Mark2606
I now have exactly the same problem. iPhone 5 was working fine, now when people try to call me the first time it goes to voicemail then when they call again it connects 2nd time round. I have full signal and on 3G. Also when I try to access my apps they will not load.

This happens in multiple locations not just one. I have had a new SIM card, done a hard reset, reset network settings, turned voicemail off and back on, turned 3G off and then on again, restored from back up and restored as a new phone.

It is still happening! I have called Vodafone customer services now for over a week! Some people I have spoken too are so rude and I am losing patience now. Anyone got any ideas or can assist?

Thanks

Mark