Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Hi @jobe77,

Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Matt B

Dont worry, its now been sorted.

The person who sent the replacement sim card out did not register it properly on your network.

This has been done now and seems to be ok.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jobe77 

Thanks for letting us know and the reason why this had occured.

If you need anything in the future, drop us a post.

DaveCD

guptaj78
I got new iphone5s.. New sim card... Used them for couple of days... No luck.. Therefore returned phone and want to get rid of vodafone acnt.. Will move all numbers

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@guptaj78 wrote:
I got new iphone5s.. New sim card... Used them for couple of days... No luck.. Therefore returned phone and want to get rid of vodafone acnt.. Will move all numbers

Remember that this is not a problem specific to Vodafone, it appears to be an iPhone issue as it's affecting other users on different networks. 

PWIAC

Utter rubbish.

Apple Genius Bar at Cribbs Causeway Bristol have told me it's a network issue as the issue  is recieving data which is the networks responsibility. The iPhone only pushes the data. If you disagree I suggest you talk to Apple instead of waffling utter nonsense. 

I have moved to 3 with the new iPhone 5S and I'm having no issues whatsoever. I am currently seeking legal advice with regards to the remaining term of my contract because as one member put it - you are not providing me with the service I'm paying for.

Hi,

I have had same argument with the sales advisor in store who sold the phone and service on contract basis.

I cant make call, people cant hear me, I cant hear what the other person saying. Its been months and now when I decided to leave they say I have to the termination fees. Alternatively, they agreed to send my phone device to technical team but all the cost will be on my account. Great, I am paying 38 pounds a month, and the service does not work and I will pay more. Funny and FCUK the service.

s

drey_p

@WitneySi wrote:

Utter rubbish.

Apple Genius Bar at Cribbs Causeway Bristol have told me it's a network issue as the issue  is recieving data which is the networks responsibility. The iPhone only pushes the data. If you disagree I suggest you talk to Apple instead of waffling utter nonsense. 

I have moved to 3 with the new iPhone 5S and I'm having no issues whatsoever. I am currently seeking legal advice with regards to the remaining term of my contract because as one member put it - you are not providing me with the service I'm paying for.

Apple are not perfect and have been known to give out duff info in the past - they always blame the network and say nothing is wrong with their device. If it is a network issue - why aren't other manufacturers being affected?  Why does it affect other networks?  The only common denominator is the device....

As for the rest of your contract a fault with your handset doesn't get you out of your contract without penalty as the phone is totally seperate to the contract that you have signed.

PWIAC

Saxon_Cronin
I got new sim a couple of weeks back. Was in Europe last week so couldn't do a real test... This week seemed fine initially , then after rebooting my phone I just got 2 texts from yesterday... And one voicemail today from someone who I had no missed call, so I figure, after what looked like a promising start to the week , it has made jack all difference.

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Saxon_Cronin,

Thanks for the update, albeit not the one we were hoping for from you.

I've just chased this up again.  As soon as we have more news we'll update the thread.

Kind regards,

Lee