Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

pjo1976
If the phones faulty then I would expect a repair or replacement, if this fixed the problem then I would be happy, I've only had these problems since switching to the iphone 5, I had no issues when using the iphone 4, and it also seems strange that most network providers have dropped the iphone 5 but still sell the 4s, is it a known fault with the 5?
I'm not trying to be arsy but if I were to miss a call that my kids were unwell or something like that I would be pretty angry!!!

If Vodafone are convinced that the iPhone 5 is the issue should they not be lobbying apple about it??

All I got was palmed off to Apple, then when they tested the handset and found no faults, sent back to Vodafone and so on and so forth.

Would it not pay Vodafone to offer a similar service to O2's refresh, where you can get a new handset faster?

Tapperelle

I am having an intermittant problem with missed calls.

The calls go through to a message that says press 1 to send a text as this phone is unavailable.

Then I get a message of Missed Call.

This is proving very frustrating as it is my business phone and nobody can contact me.

Vodafone has been useless by saying its being looked into by the technical department. 

So far they've had this for 2 weeks and no response.

I first made the complaint over a month ago to my account manager and she has also been more or less incommunicado. I expect she's relying on her "Technical Team". 

I can't wait to hear that I cannot leave Vodafone without paying up my whole contract!!!!

Hello All,  Similiar to everybody else on this thread, I have been having intermittent problems with calls going straight to voicemail.  Again, no missed call on the phone, and no message to say there is even a voicemail.  Only by checking voicemail have I discovered there is one....or several on many occasion going back days.

On top of the issues above, I have also had issues making calls...After dialling, the line sometimes goes silent for upto 30 secs (ish)  before it rings, or, more often than not, will go dead.

I first reported the issue in February, and was told the mast was being worked on, then it started happening at work too.  I rang back, and there was told that there was no work on the mast now.  I did everything the representatives asked over several months, back and forth on the phone....checked DND, checked airplane, reset network, switched off cellular and 3G, switched phone off and on, hard reset, reinstalled the phone several times including fresh install..was also told there was no 3G in the area, yet I had 3G, with good signal..until eventually I took it to an apple store and got the phone swapped, and yes, everything is still the same.  So again, having to ring and explain the whole string of problems again and again, having tried 3 sim cards, reset voicemail etc being told to do the same things again and again. I have tried to speak with senior manager, but I am being told 'just try this one more time, this will solve your problems'.  I have now been asked to take the phone to a store where they can look at it and advise...but on arriving, all they could do was send it for repair, which is pointless, as I have already got a replacement from Apple. This is were I am at, very frustrated, very disappointed, and locked into a contract which is not delivering what is says on the tin.  I would be grateful of any advise and help.  Thanks

MotoGT
4: Newbie
I am now on O2 with an iPhone 5 and have no issues!

Hi all,

I still have an iphone 4S but am experiencing all the same problems of calls going straight to answer phone. Have tried all the usual fixes ie Do not disturb turned off, ##002# and 1210 and 1211 - all to no avail. Does anyone at Vodafone have any other idea? This seems to be a very common problem!

ianbpro3
It does, and it does look like it going to be fixed anytime soon. I have been try to sort mine out since February........it is so frustrating.....I just want out of the contract now 😡

Hi, I have had the same problem since September 2013, one month after I renewed my contract.

Neither Vodafone nor Apple will take responsibility so not sure where to go from here.

gbroti
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Guess what I upgraded from iPhone 5 to IPhone 6 this week after having the continuous problem with missing calls and texts since August 2013; never got sorted and seemed to start after the system updated to iOS 7, but the same issue with missing texts happened again yesterday on the 6. I rang today to get the new sim they sent activated but apparently takes 24 hours to activate, whereas a store can do it instantly!!! So the issue is still a problem. I asked the person from Vodafone if she's ever heard of this issue but of course not. Vodafone pull your finger out once & for all. Do your tech people ever talk to each other as I see the same problem on here, now year after year. Rant over

This, taken from one of my earlier posts, worked for me,

My problem was resolved by turning off 4g then calling myself from another phone and it worked. When I turned 4g back on it still works!!