Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

I'm having the same issue. Been getting worse as the months go on, only until this week I've had problems trying to get hold my financial contacts and calls drop mid way. Or I have a voicemail before my phone even rings (no missed call either). Texts either dont send, appear failed, messages sent through imessage don't send through to other phones hours later. Sometimes I can't even call out to mobiles/landlines with 3-4+ bars of signal. Just says call failed.

I'm going to request a new Sim to see if this sorts it. But I think it's the network honestly. Ever since 4G has been rolled out to UK 3G has got worse and I can only think that has a knock on affect on other services.

Again, it's companies rushing things out and letting their consumers be the guinea pigs.

Hi apwseaside and GBrooksy,

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Wayne

pjo1976
I have been having the same problem for months now, and nothing, still missing calls and texts.
Advice from vodafone was to reset network settings, and if it happens again, keep doing this, didn't work, and each time you do this you lose all wireless passwords etc.
Bit concerned as if it was a call about the kids or something (One has chronic asthma) I would not be able to get to them quick enough.
Come on vodafone, pull your finger out, I am also going to look into cancelling my account with you due to the poor service.

I solved this issue.

I left Vodafone and joined O2.

funnily enough, right up to the end I had this issue, then after being told by 2 of the call centre operatives my phone was out of contract I went in to store, making a special journey purely to return the phone as I was on the red contract, to be told I still had 6 weeks to go according to the computer.

When the helpful lady in store looked it appeared that my contract had been extended by someone, but she could not see who. How that even happened was an astonishment to her.

anyway, after speaking to another member of the call centre team and just agreeing to pay the cancellation fee as I couldn't really be bothered to argue with him, he was rather rude, I am free.

I have put in a call to the customer service team to lodge a complaint to get the cancellation fee back, as realistically 2 people shouldn't have got that wrong, 1 fair enough. But I have not heard yet!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

To help us to identify the issue, please follow our Network Troubleshooting thread.

Thanks,

Gemma

guptaj78
Yes, i am having this issue.

Last week i ordered new phone iphone5s, new sim from vodafone.... Guess what first day same issue. So cancelled order about to return new phone..

Hi everyone

Thanks for the updates.

I’d like to get some examples from you of when this is happening. Although it’s a small minority of customers, there’s clearly an underlying issue.

You can get in touch with us here

Thanks

Simon

done as requested.. hope some solution this time....

done (btw just got the text sent 1 hr ago...)

vics
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi Ben! Nope *#148# does not work from my mobile. It says "error performing request - unknown error". And calling 1481 just gives you 2 options - general info and T&C. Any ideas?