Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Mellie_wright
Yes! Husband and I both have iPhone 5 and this has been happening for weeks. Calls go to voicemail without phone ringing, no evidence of missed call or message left, texts sent during this time are delayed, iMessage works though. Problem resolved by turning off and on again. Happens anywhere, not just at home. Does not necessarily happen to husband and my phones at the same time even when we are sitting next to each other at home. We both have 5 bars if signal at home. We have tried all of the fixes suggested online and nothing works. We thought we were going mad until I found this forum!

minibelle
4: Newbie
I haven't checked into wifi? But when I'm out and wifi not active, still have issues going straight to v mail & texts not arriving til hours later, unless I reboot phone every cpl hours then they flood in

minibelle
I'm on iPhone 5 .. Not new model

minibelle
Sent email as requested with code in subject line

WitneySi
3: Seeker
I popped into an apple store and spoke with someone at the Genius Bar. They have had customers reporting the problem and they (apple) are adamant that from what they've heard that the error is down to the operators (Vodafone, 3 etc) and not apple as the problem comes from receiving texts / calls and not sending texts / calls as the iPhones job is to push calls and text.

Balls in your court Vodafone.

minibelle
Everyone's accounts have already been looked at, and there's nothing to find. We're all having the SAME issues.

vics
Yep, we have already opened cases with tech support. Something telling me that the fact I cannot activate call catcher is related to the issue we are discussing here...but I might be wrong. Btw issue is still there on brand new iphone 5s!

minibelle
I don't have an open case with tech team as far as I know, no one has asked for my account details

minibelle
Right.. After my friend tried to ring me.. I sat my phone with FULL signal next to me & tried to call it from my landline. Nothing. Phone unavailable! So called Vodafone & it seems my 2G signal hadn't updated since yest afternoon. So I had to go settings, carrier & choose manual search, selected any network other than Vodafone, then wait for no service to appear, then go back & put Vodafone back on. Voila. 2G updated. BUT since then, I've been calling *#105# frequently and it's just NOT updating automatically. 3G is, not 2G. Why should I have to reset my network every cpl hours?!! I'm really angry now. I'm taking screenshots of everytime I do the time check call & it's very clear 2G is NOT updating. W H Y???

minibelle
And no. Like vics, no checks have been made on my actual account. But if we're all having same issues across the board, it's clearly NOTHING to do with our Vodafone accounts! Or am
I being silly!