Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

minibelle
4: Newbie
PS. Mines been doing this for MONTHS. Not just in areas where there may be congestion!

minibelle
Oh PPS. No one has offered to swap my SIM to see if it resolves the issue. But thanks for your post ... I think I'll carry on as I have been doing.

minibelle
Spoke to Vodafone this morning & they are sending a new nano sim to me & if still has problems, I've to put in another iPhone & see if same thing happens. If not then it's the handset & they'll replace it free of charge. Will keep the thread updated

Saxon_Cronin
I also got a new sim today... Will update in a week or so as I am away next week.

minibelle
Ok Saxon - have a good new year everyone xx

Saxon_Cronin
We know it's under investigation Ian. It has been for weeks and months.
My point is , now it is high time there were some ANSWERS coming from that investigation.... You could carry on saying it's being looked into for another year, and we have absolutely no recourse at the moment to do anything.
Quite honestly , I simply don't believe you are as keen to see this fixed as your customers are, because you aren't the ones missing critical calls each and every day whilst still paying for a contract and with no way out..... You simply sit on the forum and apologise at regular intervals and/or offer a few generic titbits to keep us from starving of attention.

ITS BEYOND TIME TO HAVE THIS SORTED

forget the politeness, and simply fix it, at the very least you should be offering affected customers full refunds on their monthly tariffs until it is fixed, all we have had so far are rather meaningless apologies and confirmation we have to pay if we want to leave vodafone .... How do you think that makes us feel? , like valued customers?

gbroti
3: Seeker
Dave, I don't mean to be rude but I suspect every single person who has commented on this forum has tried a new sim. I am still missing calls (either going straight to voicemail or not); texts coming through hours later.
I now switch my phone off completely at least once a day to make sure it's ok.
This is driving me insane.

vics
One month since I have got rid of iPhone 5 and bought 5S. No issues since then. SIM is the same.

minibelle
Penny. You can force update yourself if you go settings, carrier, turn off auto search, wait til other networks appear, choose any other than Vodafone, wait for 'No Service', go back in & choose Vodafone. Your time stamp for 2G will have updated.

dementedpuddle
Hi
I am having the same issue and have tried the fix suggested to no avail. Have turned off voicemail now but people get the engaged tone first time they ring then get through the second

What is going on is it a phone or network issue?