Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

minibelle
4: Newbie
Thanks, just downloaded it. Now just have texts not coming through. Unfortunately I still have to update 2G via settings every cpl hours. Think I'll ask Vodafone for another sim & see if that works.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you tried setting up the iPhone as a new phone via iTunes? Make sure you take a backup first. if the rebuild works you can restore the backup. if it then stops working, you know it is a rogue app somewhere?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

GB75
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello Dave

I have got the same problem too.. Calls often don't get through even when I have full reception and the phone is on. Like others have said, I'm missing some really important calls. I look forward to hearing that a fix is in its way (fingers crossed!!).

Thanks

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi GB75,

Again, Are you able to pop into a store to arrange a replacement SIM to see if this sorts things?

I'd also just go through the steps here as they can help.

Dave

minibelle
Hi - I'm a 'she' 😉 .. It's still happening now - if you dial *#105# it will show you 2 dates.. First is when 2G last updated & second 3G. Think you'll find the same as me that 2G doesn't update til you force it to by manually changing network then bk to Vodafone. I've been logging these by taking screen shots of each call & testing. Every time my phone goes to 'unavailable' not even voicemail pics it up & nor do I get ANY indicator that someone has tried to call me. Until I get accused by that person of course! I'm sick of it to be honest

Good Afternoon, 

Saxon_Cronin, we still run through troubleshooting and SIM swaps as this can resolve the issue. 

Simon has chased for an update today regarding reference INC943202, rest assured this isn't forgotten and we will update you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Kay

minibelle
Nothing I've seen there is the same as my issue. Calls aren't going to voice mail. They're NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I'm 'apparently' just unavailable with no notification from ANYTHING. So I have a phone that basically doesn't ring. Period. No one can leave a message as they don't have the option to. If my 3G is updating on my SIM, but 2G isn't? How is that an apple issue? My SIM belongs to Vodafone doesn't it??

>> Minibelle  (First, sorry for calling you a he  ;0)

Second ...

I do think your issue is at the very least similar to mine and others on this thread . In the sense that , my dropped calls do go to answerphone (i guess that because my answerphone is set up to take dropped/lost calls) ...

I understand yours dont go to answerphone or anywhere ... which is different .

But .. the key thing is ....

When I went into carrier settings and jiggled them off and on again as you suggested .... hey presto ! my phone was receiving calls again .

I am sure this does indeed have something or other to do with apple , perhaps in part , perhaps in full . but the truth of the matter is ... The issue is extremely serious , and I do not think is being treated with as much urgency as it should be .

Neither by apple , nor by vodafone .

For example , why is a chase up only being made right now by the vodafone techs for the aforementioned INC ticket ? ... was that as a result of my post on this forum ? .. or by some odd coincindence were they going to do that anyway ?

Why.. after 11 months on this particular thread (i am aware there are many other on the internet) .. are we still "waiting on the response of an INC ticket?"

Why has Vodafone offered no direct set of actions to customers to take except pointing to generic solutions to resolve "network issues"

Why should I have to pay vodafone to leave a contract in which I am paying for a service that I am not receiving ?

Vodafone ... at least give your customers an "out" here .... give us something .... offer us to change out phones , offer us refunds , offer us something to help work round our issue such that we CAN receive ALL our calls ... thats not too much to ask for from a phone service provider is it ? ,, that we can receive all our calls ? is it ?

Even is it is apple's fault (which I dont know either way, nor does vodafone because NOONE to my knowledge has actually posted what the root cause actually is anywhere )..

I am NOT a customer of apple , I am a customer of vodafone .

I did not by my fone from Apple , i bought it from Vodafone ,

I do mot pay apple £40 a month only to miss many of my incoming calls , I pay vodafone over £40 a month for that .

minibelle
Got my new sim & since then no issues - thereby confirming to me that the problem is indeed Vodafone - NOT Apple. Mick, you need to PM me email address as it's been removed on your post. Dave Tech - not being rude but if you'd actually read Micks post, he's already stated he's had numerous replacement SIMS, which again confirms that you're NOT reading customer complaints properly.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

I can appreciate if this is frustrating for those still affected. As it stands not everyone is seeing the same issues as SIM swaps are solving it for some and not for others. Until we learn more we won't post here to speculate until we have a full solution.

gbroti - I'm afraid we can't assume that every customer has already tried this. We'll troubleshoot with each person on a case-by-case basis, much as we did with you.

minibelle - I'm sorry you feel this way. We do take all concerns seriously and the eForum is the perfect way to pool information and troubleshoot. I'm glad to see the new SIM solved your issue in the meantime.

If you need to find out more on our escalation process, please visit our Codes of Practice. We don't deal with these queries via email any more, which is why the address was removed to save anyone sending messages that would go unread.

Many thanks, Ben