Support:

iPhone 5, 5s and 5c

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
dealmaker

Re: Picture messages not being recieved

Are you able to send MMS messages to others?

Message 41 of 380 (9,485 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

Re: My iphone 5 will not send picture messages

It may be that the common scenario here is that people are connected via WiFi. Sending picture texts and group texts works on iphone to iphone because it is not using your carrier, it's an Apple service.  So WiFi supports this.

If you send pictures to a non-iphone user it requires cellular data from you carrier which if you have Cellular Data OFF it won't acknowledge, and so fails.

Also try sending a MMS to yourself to see if that goes through.

Message 42 of 380 (10,668 Views)
dealmaker

Yeah - but by the tiem we get to this stage I think we've all tied all that stuff indivudally or on recommendation of the "Customer Servcie" teams - what we have here is a greta number of people who cant send or receive MMS messsages - after many apttempts at curing the problem.

Message 43 of 380 (10,666 Views)
Ferdasyn

Re: Picture messages not being recieved

I can send iMessages to other iPhone users over WiFi - but nobody else. Definitely a carrier problem.

Message 44 of 380 (9,480 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Sarah7525

So ive had my reply and was told to do the same thing as i was by the people i called at customer service. Still hAs not worked... Also vodafone need to update their instructions as i have no 'network' option its 'profile' on iphone 5. Getting slightly annoyed now vodafone....
Message 45 of 380 (10,660 Views)
dealmaker

Wait until you have had the same probelm for two MONTHS with over 13 calls!!! 

Message 46 of 380 (10,656 Views)
Ferdasyn

The annoying part is I've had my phone for 3 weeks now, the first 2 weeks were fine but last week it just stopped working overnight.

Message 47 of 380 (10,652 Views)
Sarah7525

I forgot to add. Since i followed vodafones advice. I now cant receive picture messages when before i could :/
Message 48 of 380 (10,648 Views)
martinjones01

Re: Unable to receive or send MMS

The thing that bugs me is it used to work on my 4 perfectly!
Message 49 of 380 (9,439 Views)
Sheenahaxell2

Re: Iphone 5 - MMS Not working!

I have a friend on o2 who has also upgraded to an iphone 5, so it can't be a network issue

Not happy with Vodafone customer service at all, have been pushed from pillar to post, send to the shop, shop sent me home to call Vodafone, they didn't know what was wrong, no call back from the shop like they said.  Vodafone offered me a refurbished phone!!!  After paying for a brand new iphone and only had it for a week??!!! What a joke!!  I don't think so!

Then was told to take my issue up with Apple!!!!!  OMG!!!!  I am Vodafone customer not Apple!! 

Message 50 of 380 (9,963 Views)
Birdie9488

Mines now fixed.. I went into Settings > Cellular data and deleted the mms limit number so it was blank and restarted my phone and its now sending and receiving them.. Not sure if it was that it them doing something their end but they are now coming through
Message 51 of 380 (10,616 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Re: Unable to receive or send MMS

Hi there martinjones01,

Thanks for your post.

We'll need to double check your account. 

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

In the meantime is it possible for you to check to see if the SIM works in another handset?

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 52 of 380 (9,412 Views)
Tech Team
LeeJS

Hi all,

Birdie9488 - Thanks for letting us know that you've been able to get things fixed.

RattyB - Could you text WEB to 40127 to ensure that your phone has the correct settings?  If this doesn't resolve things could you email us with your details via the instructions I'll PM you with in a moment?

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Ferdasyn - I've checked our emails and unfortunately I couldn't locate one from you.  Could you resend it and once our automated reply arrives let us know your email reference number?

dealmaker - To enable us to assist you further could you email us as per the instructions which LeeH PM'd you with yesterday?

Sarah7525 - As we've received your most recent email you can be assured that we'll be getting back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

LeeS

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 53 of 380 (10,542 Views)
Ferdasyn

Sent it again - Ref: 

Cheers,

Andrew

Message 54 of 380 (10,533 Views)
RattyB

I've filled out the email form

Message 55 of 380 (10,161 Views)
Katieallam

Hi,

My new iPhone 5 also won't allow me to send any mms.. I have texted the number to check my settings but still nothing... Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks.
Message 56 of 380 (10,138 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

The first step is to call  191 to check that your account has been provisioned for MMS messages.

Message 57 of 380 (10,135 Views)
dealmaker

Interesting.

If I switch ON - iMessage - i can send picture messages to myself and other iPhones with iMessage enabled -I am however unable to to send MMS to any other device or network.

If I switch iMessage off - I can't send MMS to any device whatosever.

Message 58 of 380 (9,885 Views)
Rank 45: Oracle IV
jeffkinn

That's because iMessage and MMS are totally different things.

iMessage is an Apple protocol and uses mobile data and Apple's servers to send and receive the messages.

MMS is a Vodafone service and uses their mobile service to send pictures.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Message 59 of 380 (9,880 Views)
Tech Team
Andy

Hi Sheenahaxell2,

Thanks for your post, I’m sorry to hear the website wasn’t working for you. I’ve just checked and it seems ok now, could you try again please and my team will be happy to take a look. In case you’ve deleted the previous PM, I’ve just resent it.

Hi Ferdasyn,

If you’ve got the latest settings then we’d need to look at your account make sure MMS is set up correctly. To allow us to do so, I’ve sent you a PM.

Hi dealmaker,

If you’re having issues sending and receiving MMS and have tried all the previous suggestions without success, we’ll check your account as well. A PM is winging its way to you now.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Follow the details in the PM and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 60 of 380 (9,855 Views)