Support:

iPhone 5, 5s and 5c

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Ferdasyn

Re: My iphone 5 will not send picture messages

Was able to send vis wifi/iMessage on Saturday night to other Iphone users but still unable to send to non iphone users/not on 3G/Wifi. Tried everything suggested. Resubmitted the contact form last week.

Message 61 of 380 (20,083 Views)
Rank 32: Scholar I
kids

IMessage is an Apple protocol and is completely different from MMS that Vodafone's cellular network uses.  

You will always be able to send iMessages over wifi or 3G but to use MMS you do need to make sure that your account has been provisioned for MMS and a call to 191 will confirm the status for you.

Message 62 of 380 (20,079 Views)
Ferdasyn

Done that twice. Unfortunately the people on the other end of the phone say there is no MMS restriction and that 'there is no known problem with iPhone 5 users and MMS messages' despite many people here having the same problems.

Message 63 of 380 (20,077 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
oxymoron

Good morning

Unfortunately this is often the case where they cant see any issues on your mobile number. iMessage as stated earlier runs off a slightly different platform and needs to be dealt as such. 

If the settings for your phone are 100 percent correct (as below) and vodafone are 100 percent sure there are no blocks or anything like that in place you might want to ask them to raise it as a network fault. More often than not if they cant see any blocks on there  and the settings are correct, the issue will be something deeper in the system and the network will be blocking it for some reason. This is not the fault of Vodafone themselves but rather "just one of those things" 

There is a team that has the abulity to raise it through the network and check if there are any faults on the network related to your phone. 

One of the first things they will do is ask you to try your sim card in another device so please make sure they make a note that you are actually using an iphone 5 and you cant just put the sim card into any random phone to try see if the mms works or not (due to the size of the new sim card of course!) 

settings -> general -> mobile data -> mobile data network

mobile data

apn - wap.vodafone.co.uk

username - wap

password - wap

MMS

apn - wap.vodafone.co.uk

username - wap

password - wap

MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.012:8799

MMS max message size - 307200

The above settings are straight off my iphone 5 which seems to be working fine with mms at the moment (touch wood!). These are also only for you to double check. I do expect you have already been through them though - atleast i hope you have! 

all the best and good luck! 

-oxy

Message 64 of 380 (20,069 Views)
dealmaker

Re: Iphone 5 - MMS Not working!

The "third level" technical team are supposedly "looking at my account with urgency" (well they have been since last Wednesday - so maybe not that urgently!)

You still want me to fill in the on ine forms when I have spokent to about 50% of the memebrs your techincal teams already??

Message 65 of 380 (19,810 Views)
Ferdasyn

In the same boat - we're just going round in circles really. All our settings are correct after resetting and changing countless times at the request of the technical team, we've filled in the web forms, there is no restriction our accounts, yet we still cannot send or receive MMS messages. 

Message 66 of 380 (19,804 Views)
dealmaker

Indeed - going round in circles seems to be something of a speciality!

I fear you only really find the truth out about the service offering when things go wrong - and two months (and counting) to sort out a fundamental issue with the network does not reflect well on Vodafone I'm afraid.

Message 67 of 380 (19,801 Views)
Ferdasyn

I just can't understand why it worked perfectly one day and not the next. Every day someone else posts here saying they have the same problem but there is no real acknowledgement of it and ultimately, nothing seems to be done about it.

Appreciate the team trying to help but for the price we pay for these phones and this service you'd expect a bit more than 'it should work'

Message 68 of 380 (19,795 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Sarah7525

Try this. Its my reply from Vodafone. Worked 1st time! Such a simple solution to an annoying problem.

I can confirm that your SIM card was not updated on the network. For it to be updated, can you reset the iPhone? To reset the iPhone press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Also, once it's done, please perform a manual roam on your iPhone. Here's how you to perform a manual roam:

Settings >> General >> Reset >> Network Reset

Once you've done this try to send a picture message (MMS) to yourself
Message 69 of 380 (20,027 Views)
Sheenahaxell2

Same here, nothing seems to be being done about this issue, it is clearly a fault with the iphone 5, mayne a trip to Apple store is in need!

Vodafone are no help what so ever!!!  Only so many times you can call them and be fobbed off with a phone call that is promised and never comes!

Message 70 of 380 (19,764 Views)
Nelster2245

[ Edited ]

Snap the same for me.  I have phone customer services all last week and tech support said sim card problem so sent me a new nano sim, that failed to work so sent me to vodafone store (40 mile round trip).  Got to shop and they just checked the MMS settings and said nothing they could do as I had upgraded over the phone and so they could not help fixing fault and had to do it through vodafone customer services over the phone.  I then phoned odafone customer services from outside the store and after 30 minutes of the customer service representative going backwards and forwards to his manager they agreed I could take it to the store and they would be able to send it off for repair - 7-10 working days without a phone, so kindly Vodafone credited my account with £15 so that I was able to get a nokia 100 phone to see me over whist I am without a phone.  Iphone 5 is less than three weeks old and MMS has never worked, so not too happy.

Message 71 of 380 (19,760 Views)
MariaIngram

I have also had this same issue since I got my iPhone 5. Never had any issues before. Have checked all settings, synced with iTunes etc etc. Nothing has resolved the issue. Not good!
Message 72 of 380 (19,976 Views)
Ferdasyn

[ Edited ]

And are you able to send them to other people without the use of Wi-Fi/3G?

I'm able to send them to myself over Wifi (iMessage?) but still unable to send to non iPhone users. Didn't solve anything here.

Message 73 of 380 (19,972 Views)
MariaIngram

It's not a problem over wifi with iMessage to other iPhone users. Just over the standard mobile network.
Message 74 of 380 (19,968 Views)
Ferdasyn

MariaIngram wrote:
It's not a problem over wifi with iMessage to other iPhone users. Just over the standard mobile network.

This. 

Message 75 of 380 (19,963 Views)
Rank 5: Regular Poster
oxymoron

Ah I should have known that updated on the network thing! 

Further to the info Sarah gave, if you want to check if your sim card is up dated on the network or not 

dial 

*#105#

that will give a few bits of information - most of which is not important to the average person, but the dates and times are. 

there should be TWO dates and times and these should be updated in the order you see them on the screen, so first one updates first, second one second. the first one is the "voice" side of the network and the second one is the "data" side of the network. 

in this case it was most likely the second one that was not updated. :smileyhappy: 

enjoy the day! 

-oxy

Message 76 of 380 (19,957 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi Ferdasyn,

Thanks for your time on the phone earlier. Let us know how you get on!

--------------------------------

MariaIngram - As the issue has been there from the start, can you confirm the following basic checks for me before we dig into more in-depth stuff? You mention you checked the settings but I'm unsure if you mean the APN or standard MMS option on the phone - making sure we're on the same page will help resolve this.

- The MMS option is switched on under Settings > Messages.

- The MMS settings listed above match those under Settings > General > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network.

If all this appears correct then can you confirm what happens when you try to send an MMS over the network? Also, are you able to receive any?

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 77 of 380 (19,941 Views)
dealmaker

Yesh I dont know whats mroe infurating - the fact that it doesnt work - or that Vodafone wont admit theres a network issue 

Message 78 of 380 (19,720 Views)
MariaIngram

Hi Dave,
In answer to your questions. MMS are turned on; the settings above match mine exactly; and when I try to send MMS the sending status bar scrolls through till almost the end, then it stops and says 'Not Delivered' . I don't appear to be able to send or receive them. Thanks.
Message 79 of 380 (19,928 Views)
Tech Team
Dave

Hi guys,

dealmaker - It's only a small number of users who are reporting issues with MMS on the iPhone 5, which is why we're having to investigate each case individually. There is no specific network issue, but each case raised may help to pinpoint where the cause lies. If you compare your experience to Ferdasyn's for example, he mentions things were fine until last week, whereas you've mentioned this has run for two months, so there is some difference in what people are experiencing.

I'd certainly say that responding to the PM is worthwhile, as it allows us to look to chase things up for you if you still haven't heard back.

-----------------------

Sheenahaxell2 - If you do respond to the PM then please rest assured that we will get back to you.

-----------------------

Nelster2245 - Apologies for the fact you've been led round in circles. The guys on the phone can't check the handset in person, which is why they would have advised going to the store where they could take a look first hand. The only thing the store couldn't arrange would have been an exchange within the first seven working days - other options such as the repair or a replacement SIM would have been within their power.

So we can look to help, I'll get you a PM as well.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

-----------------------

Ferdasyn - We spoke yesterday, so please let me know how you get on.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 80 of 380 (19,688 Views)