Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5 stolen

Suquie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
My daughter has had her iphone 5 stolen, she has reported the theft by phone but is there an email address that i can send a back up email to to confirm this theft. She has the name of the man at vodafone who said he has blacklisted her phone but woud really like to confirm the theft in writing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

froggerty
16: Advanced member

Seems like now then is a good oportunity to take stock and think about which way to go, either stay with Vodafone or go to another provider, depends I suppose on how satisfied you have been with your current provider and what sort of deal and handset you get offered from any of the others, if like in my local town you have seven different mobile phone stores within 100 yards of one another you can do some pretty good comparisons, the first and most important criteria on my list would be customer service, without that there's no hope for any of them. Whatever you decide just make sure that you insure your phone on your household insurance or insure it specifically with your insurance Company, not with the provider and also make sure you get paperwork to backup any proof of ownership or any other details you may need in the event that you need to make any claims. Best of luck to you.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello Suquie

Your poor Daughter, she must be feeling awful after being a victim of crime and having her phone stolen.  At least the theft has been reported to Vodafone, the SIM blocked and an IMEI block put on the phone which will prevent the thief enjoying your Daughters property.

There is no longer an email address Suquie, but Live Chat is a good alternative, you can even save the chat and have the conversation emailed directly to you.  There is a link on the contact us section at the bottom of the page, if you choose ' looking for something else' followed by 'can't find what you are looking for', you will be able to see the direct link.  

If you would like further information, there is some helpful advise on the link below.

Questions about Lost or stolen device

Thank you for that. I HAVe done what you suggest, ie taken a photo of the forum log but there is nothing identifying my daughter to her log of a stolen phone, ie no name, no telephone number. All we have up to now is the vodafone telephone operator's word saying that he has blacklisted the phone, i am sure he has but i still would have preferred to back this theft up with an email. Thanks again for yr help.

Can someone tell me something further. My daughters contract was due to run until end december 2014. Can she start a new contract now or does she have to get a phone now and use it until the end of the current contract (end december) and at that point start the new contract. I am sure i should know the answer to this but actually i am not sure.

Depending on your daughter's price plan she may be elligble for early upgrade.

If she logs into her account on her and follows the links to upgrade it'll give your daughter the information she needs. 

Sorry to hear that she's been a victim of crime.

I don't know if this would tell you if the phone has been blocked but if you call the number of the phone and there's nothing happening then you can probably assume it's blocked. I hope that you reported the theft to the Police immediateley, they would have given you a crime number which you will need. Don't take it for granted that Vodafone has blocked the phone, keep badgering them to give you conformation that they have in black and white and don't stop until you have, we all know how 'caring' this Company is, regardless of circumstances!

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

If the phone had 'Fnd my phone' enabled your daugther can log into her iCloud account and wipe all of the data from the phone.

Also as long as the phone was running the latest software the phone cannot be activated without your daughter iCloud password.

Hi kids.
Findmyphone was enabled but when my daughter tried this, the ohone had already been switched off.so she doesnt think there is any way to wipe all the data off. Correct me if we Are wrong please? Thanks for yr interest and advice.

froggerty

Not sure how it works but if you activate the find my phone it will I think kick in when the phone is switched on again. Also not sure but if the SIM has been removed the find my phone might not work, then it would be Vodafone's responsability to block the SIM. I have heard that phones are stolen and the SIM removed, the phone can then be unlocked and sold on, as for the SIM, these are sent to Africa where they can be cloned, like a credit card, this is what I've been told but weather it's accurate or no I don't know.

kids
Find my phone will only work if it was toggled on and when the phone connects to either a cellular or wifi network.

However the phone should have been running ios8 in which case the phone is useless to the thief (apart for spare parts) as to activate the phone the owners iCloud password must be entered before activation, there is no way around that security feature.

Once a phone running ios8 has been switched off the users password is needed to get pass the lock screen.