Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5 stolen

Suquie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
My daughter has had her iphone 5 stolen, she has reported the theft by phone but is there an email address that i can send a back up email to to confirm this theft. She has the name of the man at vodafone who said he has blacklisted her phone but woud really like to confirm the theft in writing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

froggerty
16: Advanced member

Seems like now then is a good oportunity to take stock and think about which way to go, either stay with Vodafone or go to another provider, depends I suppose on how satisfied you have been with your current provider and what sort of deal and handset you get offered from any of the others, if like in my local town you have seven different mobile phone stores within 100 yards of one another you can do some pretty good comparisons, the first and most important criteria on my list would be customer service, without that there's no hope for any of them. Whatever you decide just make sure that you insure your phone on your household insurance or insure it specifically with your insurance Company, not with the provider and also make sure you get paperwork to backup any proof of ownership or any other details you may need in the event that you need to make any claims. Best of luck to you.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

Kids, thank you for clarifying all that. Yes the phone has ios8 and you have taught me something i didnt know so thank you v much for that. I think really i have done all i can, not really sure i needed to lodge the theft with the french police, that might have been overkill but anyway its not a problEm. We have written proof that the phone was stolen. Vodafone wont give it but they cant argue with an official police report.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Suquie

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

We can send confirmation of the barring to you.

I’ve sent you a private message here, with how to send us the details.

Any other customer’s viewing this thread, please contact us here.

Thanks,

Gemma

Gemma. Thank you for yr reply. Really appreciate it. Just sent the required info as requested.

Regards

froggerty

Let's hope that Vodafone acknologes that you have a written Police report and crime number without them demanding you give them proof of this, if there is any heart iand decency in the Company they will now do the right thing and cancel your current contract and the DD, offer you an upgrade with a new contract and phone, if that's what you want.  Just hope now that Vodafone will step up to the plate and do the right thing for once.

Hi froggerty. I am not holding my breath but in fact it wouldnt cost vodafone much to do this, the contract was upgradable in just over one months time and my daughter was intending to upgrade! Up to vodafone now. If they did what you are suggesting she almostly certainly would upgrade and vodafone would keep a customer without much cost to them. ...............

Thanks froggerty for your comments.

froggerty

Seems like now then is a good oportunity to take stock and think about which way to go, either stay with Vodafone or go to another provider, depends I suppose on how satisfied you have been with your current provider and what sort of deal and handset you get offered from any of the others, if like in my local town you have seven different mobile phone stores within 100 yards of one another you can do some pretty good comparisons, the first and most important criteria on my list would be customer service, without that there's no hope for any of them. Whatever you decide just make sure that you insure your phone on your household insurance or insure it specifically with your insurance Company, not with the provider and also make sure you get paperwork to backup any proof of ownership or any other details you may need in the event that you need to make any claims. Best of luck to you.

Gemma

I followed the link you gave in your email and I got the following reply

We don’t use this email address anymore, so our advisers won’t get your message. Don’t worry, you can chat to an adviser online instead – they’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Not sure if I am going mad, can you advise please.  Thanks

Hi gemma. Havent heard from you so i have used the link you put in yr message again just in case i didnt do it correctly the first time.

Thanks

drey_p

When you sent the message through to the Team, you should have received an automated acknowledgement via email.  In that email, there would have been a reference number in the subject line.  It looks a bit like this: [#812346]. If you could post that back here, one of the Team can use it to trace your message. 

PWIAC

Okay number was 8582656.