Solution

Iphone 5s screen erratic

andykb999
4: Newbie

last few days been having issues with my touchscreen

• random scrolling
  • double key taps
  • hit an icon and search iPhone appears

All very wierd appeared to happen after a bunch of apps got upgraded but cant be sure.

Anyway i went back to a previous restore which worked for a while but the problems came back, likewise with a complete wipe and download of latest IOs from App store still not better.

Feels like a digitiser issues but just wondered if anyone else has had issues? No drops, no water,  no misuse, removed screen protector and case.

Just wondering what my chances are at getting it replaced with VF or Apple....zero to non i expect originally the phone was one of those 'returns'

Andy

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
I've never known a charge levied by the Genius Bar.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

never had a Apple product go faulty so this is a new experience for me

you hear good and bad stories about the Bar im hoping i have a positve one 

BandOfBrothers
I've used iPhones since the iPhone 4 and had every model up to my present iPhone 6 Plus.

I also use the iPad Air and MacBook Air and iPod Touch and have had very little issue with any of them.

When I was buying my iPhone 6 Plus in the  store I was taken to the set up area where I booted up the iPhone and proceeded to upload my iCloud back up.

The Genius Bar guy tapped me on the shoulder and said when your upload is complete please go back into the iPhone and use the Erase All Content and Settings. I said ok and when this was being done another iPhone 6 plus appeared. While Id been busy setting it up he had seen a scratch about 3mm long on the antenna band and wasn't prepared for me to leave the shop with the iPhone in that condition.

What I'm trying to say is these Guys and Gals typically take their job seriously and strive to give superior customer support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

just been trawling the net for hours trying to see if this is common or not and im currently testing somehting ive found and it appears to be working 

dont get me wrong its a workaround but its progress

settings, turn off auto-brigthness, set to the middle setting and its been working fine for me 

very odd !!