Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis sold plan

Benjames800
2: Seeker
Hi, I was called a few months back by vodafone with an offer to upgrade to a new plan.
I was told the plan would be including 20gb data, 4g, Netflix until the end of my contract, early upgrade (22nd April) and free spotify premium.
I told the salesman that the iPhone 5 won't get 4g from vodafone as it is not compatible! He assured me that vodafone have sorted this and that it will work so I signed up.
Once signed up I found I can't recieve 4g on this phone, my upgrade date is still 22nd June and now my free Netflix has expired early.
The main problem is the upgrade date as my phone has pretty much died!
Can these offers be stood to or am I stuck with paying extra for nothing and if I am stuck will I be able to get a copy of the phone call from the salesman in writing to send to the ombudsman? As I didn't sign anything I would imagine that you have to keep a recording of the verbal contract that was made?
I realise that this has happened to quite a few people.
I have tried to call customer services but none of the staff have any grasp of English! I tried to explain the problem bus was told "hurry hurry, no 4g"
I would appreciate a fast response and hopefully one that makes sense as I am getting a bit wound up with vodafones attitude towards paying customers.
Thanks,
Ben
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

The iPhone 5 will only work on certain Networks depending on the 4G spectrum they use. Sadly Vodaphone's isn't one of the compatible ones.

You would at least need an iPhone 5s / iPhone 5c / iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus or one of the never Android phones (Samsung etc)

It certainly is worth asking if the conversation was recorded if it was Vodaphone that made contact which would be useful for a claim of any mis selling.

It really is best you make contact again or maybe one of the tech team on here can intervene and assist.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

Good luck.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Benjames800
Thanks for the advice, I'll try customer services again tomorrow.

Benjames800
This issue has now been resolved, spoke to a member of staff from the uk at last who was really helpful.
She gave me a great deal on a new phone and helped to correct all of the issues that I had!
It just shows the difference from when you get transferred to an Egyptian call centre!
My advice to anyone experiencing similar problems would be to keep trying until you get through to a uk based call centre.