You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
EmilyB1979
Accepted Solution

New iphone 5 not working and old SIM cancelled so can't phone for assistance

My new iphone 5 was delivered today - I called to transfer the SIM over and my old phone stopped working. I was having trouble setting up my new phone (told me to plug into itunes which I did, then told me to restore, which I did TWICE) - I then spoke to an online advisor who told me to try it one more time, and if it didn't work to come and talk to someone online.

Not only did the restore not work (it says 'The Iphone could not be restored, an unknown error occured (40), but EVEN MORE ANNOYING is I can't get to an online advisor, and my phones aren't working.

Please help ASAP, I am incredibly disappointed in the level of customer service I have been offered and am contmeplating moving because of this debacle - I have been a Vodafone customer for over 10 years, and to not be able to speak with customer support is ridiculous.

Emily

Message 1 of 8 (3,311 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Re: New iphone 5 not working and old SIM cancelled so can't phone for assistance

Hi Emily, 

We can help you with this - we'll need some details from you to access your account though that we can't ask for on a public forum.

I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to see what's going on - please give us an alternate contact number in your email if you have one so that we ca speak to you :smileywink:

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul 

Message 2 of 8 (3,302 Views)
EmilyB1979

Re: New iphone 5 not working and old SIM cancelled so can't phone for assistance

That's the problem - I don't HAVE an alternative number, so I need to speak online with someone. I have followed the steps as per your email BUT you can't call me back, so how the hell are we meant to fix this problem???

I need to speak to someone on thwe live chat, but it is COMPLETE hit and miss as to they are there or not??

Ridiculous.

And please stop with the winky faces, I don't like to be patronised.

Message 3 of 8 (3,291 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi EmilyB1979,

I am sorry if you found the emoticons patronising. It certainly wasn't our intention.

If you have no alternative number for my team to call, or if you're unable to call 08700700191 from another line and it's also not something we can assist with effectively over email, then the only option remaining is to visit a store. Please accept my apologies if the web-chat team weren't available when you went to the webstore in the meantime.

Kind regards, Ben

Message 4 of 8 (3,261 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
ihenders

My daughter has the same problem with her phone (which is on my account)

She has no land line or internet access until late this evening.

Is there anything I can do to get her new SIM card activated?

Message 5 of 8 (3,236 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there ihenders,

Thanks for your post.

It can take up to 24 hours for the new SIM to activate. If it's still not ready to go we'll need to take a look so I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be in touch.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 6 of 8 (3,201 Views)
FrenchCrisp

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. Old number was supposed to switch over on Tuesday (5th/03/13) between 11am and 4pm. It has partially done this, but not completed. When I send an SMS it is from the number I transfered from my previous sim, however if I call someone it is with the new vodafone sim number. I used the PAC code in the vodafone store infront of the salesman. Also another detail: if I send an sms to both numbers (vodafone sim original & the number I wanted to transfer) they both come through on my phone...

Any help would be great!

Guy

Message 7 of 8 (3,164 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi FrenchCrisp

Welcome to the eForum.

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this for you :smileyhappy: I just need to reply to the PM I've sent so that I can access your account.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Sukhi

Message 8 of 8 (3,138 Views)