Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Cellular Data For Almost 6 Weeks

Bex23
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I've got an Iphone 5s, which I took out on contract with Vodafone on the 5th January 2015. Since the 5th February 2015, I've had no access to cellular data. Despite speaking to Vodafone on average two to three times a week since this date, and going into store, the problem is still not resolved. I have tried the following things several times: hard resetting my phone, changing my APN settings, swapping my sim, trying my sim in another phone, trying another sim in my phone (which worked) and nothing has changed. In addition to this, I've recieved the worst customer service I've ever had from any company, including someone telling me that my account was cancelled, promising me a £10 credit on my bill which never arrived and telling me to 'cheer up about the situation'. 

I want to know what my options are now as a consumer. How do I go about finding out exactly what is going on with my account? Also, if I wished to terminate my contract with Vodafone, given that they are doing nothing to help me AND are breaching the terms of their agreement with me, how would I go about doing this?

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Jamian
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Bex23 

So we can look into your account, I’ve sent you a private message to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jamian

Hi,

Unfortunately, I encountered exactly the same problem from 17/09, of course I have tried any “SOLUTIONS” given by YOUR STAFF as brothers above mentioned. I even went to the store over 7 times, and dialed 191 over ten times. BUT the problem still is not solved. This really wastes my time and my experience.

I intended to cancel my contract with Vodafone because I have no choice, and the staff told me I had to pay the remaining bills. If this problem is caused by myself, it is ok. BUT, AS A CUSTOMER, I DON’T KNOW WHY I HAVE TO UNDERTAKE YOURS FAILURE. Besides, how can I find out what is exactly going on with my account AND how can I experience the service I deserved?

Wills81w
Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem since 19th February when vodafone rang me to offer a package upgrade. From that point I only have cellular data if I turn the phone on and off for 5 minutes, or if I am in a vodafone store - interesting it works fine in there!

I've wasted so much time on the phone and get different stories, technical tell me it's a vodafone issue with upgrades and they are working on fixing it and will provide updates. Next call I'll be told the issue is not with them and with my phone, like the previous admission of fault in their system didn't happen.

I've now been asked to reset my phone to factory settings - I know this will just waste more of my time resulting in me having to make further calls.

It's disgusting as consumers we are completly locked it with no power.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Wills81w 

Please try a factory reset so that we can rule out a problem with the phone. Our support pages have more information on how to do this. Make sure to back your phone up first. 

If this doesn't help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

koney

Guy's just check this out , it's works for me 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RlX-tS-CQ