Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Service on iPhone 5s after previously working

ScottStrudwick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I've been using this phone well for a month now, but on a trip back from Spain, I can no longer recieve any signals either in Spain or in the UK.

It was working ok in Alicante, and then when we landed in Madrid and I turned off Flight-mode, it has not been able to find a signal there or here in the UK.

I've tried plenty of hard resets, soft resets, reinstalling SIM cards, etc, but still no luck.  It works on Wifi fine.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Have you gone into your Network Selection part of your settings and manually selected Vodafone? If it was put into flight mode on a foreign network, it's possible it got 'stuck' there and is beligerantly refusing to look for another network whilst that is unavailable.

Alternatively, check your date/time. Hopping timezones can throw it off, and if it's out by even a few minutes, that can cause the phone to go into tantrum-mode, too. Set automatic off, input the correct local date/time, then automatic back on.

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Good suggestions from GojuSuzi. I'd also check to see if there have been any coverage issues in your area, here. If this doesn't help then it might be worth a visit to a local store and ask them to see if another SIM works in the phone. The next logical step feels like you need to narrow down if the connection issue is with a faulty SIM card or the device itself.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community