cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No data on GRPS or EDGE (Fine on 3G / 4G)

markcub
2: Seeker

Hello everyone,

We have a business account with three iPhones. They are iPhone 4s, 5 and 5s. All three devices show exactly the same issue.

In any location, if connected via GRPS or EDGE, no data can be transferred at all. No email, iMessage, not even a single character from a web site. 3G on all the devices work fine. 4G on the 5s works ok as well.

We have carried out network settings resets, reset all settings, tried in different locations from the Highlands of Scotland to London. The iPhone 5s has had remote sim resets/updates. It never works.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

GPRS and EDGE data does not work anywhere.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

GPRS and EDGE data does not work anywhere.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

With the limited swapping we can do between iPhones... no, it doesn't make a difference.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors are displayed, other than data time-outs, i.e. Safari web site timing out, iMessages not being sent, etc.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only on 2G (GRPS) and EDGE data.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Pretty much since we joined Vodafone, which was a few years ago!

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

Kind regards,
Mark Bain.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi StevenLaw,

Everything looks fine with the three sites in those areas.

BT55 7WB – 31942

BT1 3HH - 6176

BT26 6AW – 6125

So that we can take a closer look at things for you, get in touch with us here.

Thanks

Wayne

Djchem
I am having exactly the same problems. Is there anything I can do. I do not get data on any edge it GPRS network. I have recently been in Cornwall, Somerset, Yorkshire and Staffordshire and have the same problem in all of these places. Please help. I am having to take two phones with me one is on Vodafone and one is on 3 which works very well but is not an iphone and is not on my business account. Regards Frank.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Djchem, 

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Kay