Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet

slhowell78
2: Seeker

I haven't been able to access the internet on my phone since last summer. I have contacted Vodafone on numerous occasions. The telephone support have told me that it is due to signal problems in my area,  and the store workers said that there is an issue with the handset, yet when I sent it off to be repaired (within the warrenty time) I was told I had to pay £199 for them to fix it. On top of that I barely receive any of my calls or texts, due to a lack of signal. Surely this breaches their side of the contract, which says I have to pay £47 a month for 24 months, with very little in return!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Plz try ure Sim in another phone as a process of elimination 2 rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

You can check your mast status here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/our-network-and-coverage/uk-coverage-map/

All Networks do say that their Network is not available everywhere and is not fault free to cover themselves.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've already checked the sim in 2 other phones, it's fine. I'm having the same problem in other parts of the country, very limited phone signal and no internet!

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Wayne

) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I have to internet at all ,and the network coverage is intermittent. Sending text messages is very limited.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

In profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

No, have changed the SIM

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No internet available. Phonecalls diverted to voicemail, unable to send/receive text messages.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Coverage problems from the beginning. No internet available since August 2014

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Internet is a permanent issue. Coverage is intermittent, randomly

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @slhowell78

You’ve got good 2G coverage in your area, but 3G is patchy.

All your local sites seem to be performing fine.

As this is due to general coverage and not a fault, you could buy a Sure Signal to use at home as this would provide you with 3G.

Thanks,

Jenny

I have wifi at home, so that's not an issue.

Thanks

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If possible get into an Apple store and ask them to run a diagnoistics test on your phone, that will give you the definitive answer as to what the problem is and you can move your case forward.

I'll do that, thanks

slhowell78
What about the Internet fault? I cant connect on my phone at all, even in other parts of the country. There is obviously a fault with the phone