Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service whilst abroad

NickBuckle
2: Seeker
My iPhone 5 will not pick up a signal abroad. I phone Vodafone prior to travelling to make sure it would work. They confirmed it would. It's set up to allow mobile data, 3G and roaming. The network selection picks nothing when in auto. It picks up 3 carriers when not on automatic selection (Vodafone GR being one of these) and I'm in areas with good signal (on Mykonos, Greece). Can anyone help?
19 REPLIES 19

simon3796
Hi

I'm in Italy at the moment and took my Nokia lumia 925 with me, I've been here for 10 hours now, and I've had no signal, I've tried manually changing the network selector, but still that hasn't worked. Im a bit lost for ideas now, and I've tried rebooting it etc.. Any ideas?

Hi simon3796,

It sounds like the roaming bar is still on the account.

To get this removed, you will need to contact the team here.

James

Hello,

I had to travel to other country (Mexico). I have not service and I cannot communicate with anyone. I tried with a local company (changing the SIM) but the phone is locked by vodafone. I need the code to unlock it.

Kind regards, 

Juan Yam-Puc

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jcyampuc 

There may be a roaming bar on the account, contact our Live help and we'll take a look.

In order to unlock the handset, you'll need to request this here.

DaveCD

Calh
1: Seeker
Hi, I'm having the same problem right now. Can you help urgently? I'm travelling alone and just landed at Singapore airport and iphone5 saying no service. I rang Vodafone last week and it was confirmed that I have international roaming. Being an iphone 5 I can't take it apart to take out the battery etc. so this needs solving remotely. Please help, I need to let my family know I've arrived okay. Thanks

Calh
Just persevered with manually selecting the network and I have some network....going from full bars to nothing and back again constantly though...any ideas to fix? Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Calh,

I’m sorry to see the problems you’re having.

If you’re able to use the network, this means there are no roaming bars in place on your account.

It sounds like may be network issues over there, which is something we have no control over.  Have you tried connecting to a different network?

Performing a manual roam as well as rebooting your phone will reconnect you to the network and keep you updated.

Thanks,

Jenny

Calh
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply and advice. I'm now in Bali and the network is fine here. As you suggested it may have been the network in Singapore.

To anyone else reading this and having similar problems....My phone did take an hour in Singapore to connect to anything and about 20mins in Bali and so try waiting a little bit. It's also worth selecting manual network selection as that seemed to help my phone find available networks. I then switched back to auto selection.

Calh

peterwed
I'm in Germany, Munich. Having a similar problem. Been in Europe since Friday morning and didn't have a problem till Saturday evening. iPhone 5, iOS 7, intermittent signal and no 3G, why am I paying £3 per day for this????vodafone done me, again

Hi peterwed,

If you had no problems for close on 48 hours, it may be that there’s a network issue in your area.

If you change to a different network, does your signal return?

Thanks,

Andrew