Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service

amberwillmott
2: Seeker

I have just recieved my iPhone 5 upgrade and it says I have no service. Do I need to activate the sim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The SIM cards are shipped in an inactive state for security reasons. You will need to activate your SIM card and can do this online through My Account.  Just click on the Activate SIM card link.

Alternatively, you can use the link below:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/sim-activation/index.htm

PWIAC

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p

Hi there

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

Russell_rhodes
I recently upgraded to the iPhone 5c from a Samsung s4 and so I received a nano sim and Immediately preformed a sim swap however 4 days later my iphone is still saying no services and my old micro sim is still working. That's would be fine if I hadn't have dropped that fone a few days ago and shatter the screen. So at the moment I am fone less and unable to contact anyone. Any help on this matter would be great fully appreciated as I've tried everything.

Hi @Russell_rhodes 

Welcome to the eForum.

The quickest way to resolve this is in store or via Live help.

Thanks,

Jamian