Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service

amberwillmott
2: Seeker

I have just recieved my iPhone 5 upgrade and it says I have no service. Do I need to activate the sim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The SIM cards are shipped in an inactive state for security reasons. You will need to activate your SIM card and can do this online through My Account.  Just click on the Activate SIM card link.

Alternatively, you can use the link below:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/sim-activation/index.htm

PWIAC

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p

Hi there

The SIM cards are shipped in an inactive state for security reasons. You will need to activate your SIM card and can do this online through My Account.  Just click on the Activate SIM card link.

Alternatively, you can use the link below:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/sim-activation/index.htm

PWIAC

Superjack
Hi, never had trouble before, I have an iphone 4 and my hubby has sony xperia s and neither of us can text, make or receive calls. Says NO SERVICE, where the signal bar usually is!! HELP
This is the 4th day! Tried everything we have been asked to.
When I checked our area, it said "temporary fault" ! for 4 days??!!

Hi Superjack and welcome to the eForum

Can you let us know what the postcode is of the area in which you’re having this problem?

Thanks

Wayne

Nathyboy123
Hi all

Had service until around 2:30 today and now not had any since all day :Sad_face:

Have I been turned off or something? I have an iPhone 5s and my postcode is sk39qx

Please help! I can't call, txt or anything it's annoying

Hi all

I have had service until around 2:30 today

since then nothing, no calls in out or SMS etc

I have an Iphone 5s that is completely updated

I have shut the handset down, removed sim etc to see if this helps and thus no joy as yet

really frustrating, tried calling 191 however close for the evening :Sad_face:

sad times!

please help/advise

many thanks

Hi Nathyboy123,

I can see that you’re served by site 10506 for 2G and 3G.

As it looks like there could be an issue with the site, I’d like to take a closer look at it.

So we can do this, please contact the team with the details from here.

James

chinwag

Hi People,

Newbie on this eforum and new to smart phones. I have an Apple iphone 4 - 3G, paying monthly and have had no service since December 2013!!!!!!!! Checked network status and informed that Vodafone are aware of a problem but no mention of what they are planning to do about the issue. I live in the South West and recognise the store/weather/floods might be affecting the service, but an explanation would have been nice. I also telephoned the 191 number to be told that there is a problem! Really!!!! As if I didn't know!! Needed this service (phone) due to flooding etc. I still have no service and it is 8th Feb 2014!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem for as long as I have and any tips of what I can do? 

Hi

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

Wayne

Amey
1: Seeker

Hi

For the past 24 hours my phone says 'searching'.

Have been turning it on and off, have removed sim card etc and still nothing.

I do not have another phone to use so getting a bit worried now.

Thanks

Amey