Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number hasn't transferred

DanjBaker91
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi.

On thursday the 2nd i upgraded my phone from an Iphone 4s with Oange to a 5s with vodafone. I wanted to keep the same number so i gave a pac code etc and was told it would take about 24 hours for it to transfer.

It seems the number is now on both phones as i can text other iphones using wifi, you know the blue text bubble, but there is no service for regular signal.

I left both of my phones off for the 24 hours as the lady in the shop said that would make it go faster.

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Dan

3 REPLIES 3

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Transfers can often take more than 24 hours, try to keep switching the phone on and off.

The blue bubble messages (iMessages) are not affected by the transfer being completed or not, it simply means that both your phones have your iCloud ID associated with them so both will receive iMessages over wifi.

You will need to disassociate your old phone from your Apple ID to stop that. When you finish with the old phone turn off 'Fnd my Phone' then go to settings> erase all contents and setting, that will remove the old phone from your iCloud account.

Yea its been well over 72 hours and had been over 48 when I posted. Clearly something has gone wrong at this point.

Hi DanjBaker91,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B