Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PDP authentication failure

thefrenchieone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello

I have an iPhone 5s for which I downloaded the latest iOS 8 update yesterday. The phone worked fine while in the UK but now I have arrived in France a 'PDP authentication failure' message pops up when I try to use the Internet? Has anyone got an idea as to why it is refusing to work? Could it be anything to do with the settings? Thank you.
26 REPLIES 26

gmooney71
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Not sure if you found a resolution to your problem but I have had a similar experience for the last nine months.  The problem existed across two handsets (iPhone 4s and 5s) and iOS versions starting at 6 through to 8.02.

Having been bounced around by the help desk trying every possible permutation of phone settings with various members of the team contradicting one another and having been assured on numerous occassions that the problem was solved, I would arrive in a country outside of the UK (US, Aus, France, Italy, Egypt) only to find that the problem hadn't been resolved.  The error also went away when I was connected to 4G as opposed to 3G.

Over the last couple of days I was told by the vodafone service desk and technical teams that this was an iOS issue.  I didn't accept this due to the numerous handset issue and also my daugher's phone, same model, same iOS worked fine overseas.

So, to cut an already long story shorter!  After some research and experimentation I have this evening (from Italy) tried texting 'Start' and then 'Stop' to 4209 to add then remove usage caps on my account (there shouldn't have been any issues here anyway as I have signed-up for World and EU traveller and have a large data allowance of 5GB per month etc).  The result, my 3G data roaming is now working in Italy and for the first time in over 9 months.

This was clearly an issue with the account setting at the vodafone end and nothing to do with Apple iPhone or iOS.  I will ofcourse be taking this up with vodafone.

I hope this is of some help if you still have the issue.

Fixed this issue (Spain, Russia) by removing in "my vodafone" data roaming cap.

iPhone 6 plus.

Something wrong with this setting.

vickis
1: Seeker

i am having this same problem and have tried everything

Hi vickis,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi, one of our customers had this last night whilst in Ireland, 3 calls to Voda confirmed there were no roaming bars in place, neother at netowrk level. Hard resets, checking APNs failed to resolve.

Finally resolved by asking Voda to add / remove the roaming bars a couple of times.

I'm having the same issues. Been in  touch with customer services twice today. Kept getting text messages suggesting I have hit my data limit. Gave customer service a call and was told I had used less than 1GB between two phones on Red share plan and had 9GB left.

Next thing I know, I can't get onto the internet!

Called Customer Support - asked me to reset my network and phone - hard rest - the lot!

Now on hold for more than 30 minutes at 22.50pm! and still waiting.

I wish someone can resolve - what looks like a simple bar someone has put on my account!

Ridiculous........

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@archie1 

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD

Many thanks DaveCD at Vodafone for responding 2 days later - suggesting I contact your live help team. The suggestion I would sit around - not having access to emails or ability to make use of my 10GB data limit for more than 2 days - beggers belief!

Please - get real.

Took me 3 calls to your customer support team (191) = 3 hours of my time to resolve you mistake that inconvieienced me for 24 hours!

This is for an issue that was created by Vodafone - nothing to do with me as I made no changes or performed any actions that would have caused this issue. The best part of this, the first two people I spoke to in Customer Service PROMISED ME that the actions that they asked me to perform will resolve the issue - absolute rubbish and more time wasted before I got the matter resolved.

Fantasic service!  - NOT

Hi @archie1

As we’ll need to access your account to help further, please speak to the Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Archie1,

I am also experiencing the same problem with a daily text to say that one of the two phones on my Red Share acocunt has used all the data - which it hasn't.

I have been ringing every morning to ask for a Bar to be removed (there should not be a Bar). Vodafone then remove the bar and promise it won't happen again .... UNTIL the next morning when it occurs again.

Did Vodafone manage to fix the problem for you? What were the magic words that you had to say for Vodafone to figure out the problem and resolve? I don't want to spend the next 24 months (730 days) ringing Vodaphone in the morning (and on hold for 30 mins) so that I can get the data I am paying for...

I have called them three times today and I still don't have data... why Vodafone why?

Back to the hold music ....

Thanks,

Ric.