Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PDP authentication failure

thefrenchieone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello

I have an iPhone 5s for which I downloaded the latest iOS 8 update yesterday. The phone worked fine while in the UK but now I have arrived in France a 'PDP authentication failure' message pops up when I try to use the Internet? Has anyone got an idea as to why it is refusing to work? Could it be anything to do with the settings? Thank you.
26 REPLIES 26

Hi Ricd

When you eventually get through - demand to speak to a Tech 2 or Tech 3 person. refuase to be fobbed off by the customer service person who is determind to resolve fthe issue or you - tell them they don't know what they are doing and that the issue lies with the bar that has been put on your data by Vodafone and they can't do anything until they transfer you to someone who can.

If you get through to someone with a brain - happy days!

If they ask you to do all sorts of stuff like reset your phone and other stuff - refuse. the problem is with Vodafone putting a bar on your data.

Apparently, in my case it was something to do with my phone being reported stollen - utter crap!

Good luck

Thanks Archie1,

Good advice.

It seems as though when Vodafone added the new phone to the my account they did not change the main phone to be a Red Share Leader - so the new phone was trying to grab a data allowance but the main account was refusing - leaving the new phone with zero allocated data.

Hopefully after around 10 calls this is now resolved (we shall see in the morning).

Thanks again.

Ricd

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ricd 

We’ll need to access your account to help further.

Our Live help team here, will be happy to help with you with this.

Thanks,

Sarah

I have the same issue. 

Please can someone from Vodafone get in touch, I've tried calling their helpdesk and have gotten no where other than being charged for the support calls (was calling whilst i was abroard).

Regards,

cs00102

I have exactly the same issue.

I've now been abroad on 3 different occasions, in 3 different countries and had no data.

Please can someone tell how I can get this PDP issue resolved?

Regards,
Cs00102 - a very unhappy customer.

Hi @Cs00102,

So we can look into this, please contact us via Live help

Thanks,

Rodney 

FakeTaxi
1: Seeker
I dialled 5555 removed both euro and work traveller packs, then re added them. Works fine now :Smiling:

Anyone looking for a cab in London?