Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PDP authentication failure

thefrenchieone
3: Seeker
Hello

I have an iPhone 5s for which I downloaded the latest iOS 8 update yesterday. The phone worked fine while in the UK but now I have arrived in France a 'PDP authentication failure' message pops up when I try to use the Internet? Has anyone got an idea as to why it is refusing to work? Could it be anything to do with the settings? Thank you.
26 REPLIES 26

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi thefrenchieone,

Welcome to the eForum.

If you can get in touch with us here, we’ll take a look into this for you.

You can always check your MyVodafone to make sure no roaming bars on your account.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Same issues on both my iphone with VOD. both were upgrated to iOS 8. Have you found a solution? (used the chat over the weekend and no solutions were found) thanks,

Hi callmesir,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Hi thefrenchieone,

If you need our help, please follow the instruction Sarah gave.

Thanks,

Ian

Thanks but i spent 1h on the phone saturday trying to reach someone. the estimated waiting time was ... 11hours (not joking)

Then i spend some time using the chat to find a solution. after 30min of chat, the solution was: you should go to Apple store... which you know is at every corner of every street 

As I don't seem to be the only one affected by this, would be great if Vodaphone could come up with Apple with a solution.

Thanks.

thefrenchieone
Hey thanks for your reply. Nope no solution found. Still in France and the only way I can access the internet is through wifi, bit problematic really... Must have something to do with the iOS upgrade.

thefrenchieone
Hi Ian_C

I have followed Sarah's intructions and am now currently waiting for reply.

Thank you

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

callmesir, 

Please follow the instructions Ian sent and we'll be in touch with you..  

thefrenchieone, 

Thanks, we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible.  

Phil

Thanks Phil. Have followed Ian's instruction and have submitted a report last night.

One week in Italy with no cellular data at all- just a 'PDP authentication failure' message every time i tried. 

I spent two entire days talking to or on hold waiting to talk to Viodafione customer services who were less than useful.

their suggestions - all of which failed were as follows:

1)turn of EU internet. yes...done that, thanks. still doesnt work

2) reset all network settings: done. doesnt help.

3) go to myvodafone and check no data bar on account. well, thats easy with no internet but OK i'll waste more of my time finding wifi to do that. no difference

4) a call from vodafone to check everything is working fine. No it is not.

5) new advice - turn the phone off and on again (seriously)

6) further expert advice: check that data roaming is switched on. a suggestion so obvious it barely warrants a response but yes, its on.

7) try the sim in another phone? Yes. still doesnt work. 

😎 turn off data roaming then turn it back on. (i waited an hour on hold to be offered this pearl of unhelpful 'wisdom')

9)Finally:  A text from vodafone: we're looking into it- please wait ten hours (yes!)  and we will call you back. Never called back.

one hapless customer service rep said he would put a credit on my account for the inconvenience (because yes, i am paying for this 'service') and said 'its your lucky day, right?'....this after keeping me on the phone for getting on for two hours. hmmm...let me see? nope- i'm not feeling exactly 'lucky',  my friend, no.

so, we're all  entirely used to the absolutely  dreadful customer service but can someone at vodafone please sort this problem out? i travel a lot. In Feb i was in france using the same phone (iphone 5) and sim, same settings, no problem. Another phone on this account- also an iphone 5 worked fine in Italy at the same time this fiasco was unfolding. so, how do i know this will not happen next time i travel (in two weeks time)?