Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Personal Hotspot

Karan100
2: Seeker

I have an iphone 5 on pay as you go with the text and web freebie. Every time I try setting up a personal hotspot from my phone it tells me to go to a support page which doesnt help at all. Is this because the feature isn't available on Pay as you go, or because I need to call customer services to set this up on my account? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

There are a number of other threads around asking the same question at the moment, and the answer coming from most of them is that PAYG accounts do not have the Personal Hotspot feature enabled.

Edit: Actually that may have been for iPads so best to wait for someone to clarify.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

grolschuk

There are a number of other threads around asking the same question at the moment, and the answer coming from most of them is that PAYG accounts do not have the Personal Hotspot feature enabled.

Edit: Actually that may have been for iPads so best to wait for someone to clarify.

edwardzip
so how

edwardzip
not working. pls advise . tq

grolschuk

Hi edwardzip

You may need to expand on your problem a little.

Knowing what type of account you have, and what error messages appear will certainly help.

Hi Guys,

The tethering feature (Personal Hotspot) is not available for Pay as you go customers.

James

HOw do I setup the personal hotspot, I cannot see the PM's everyone else are getting!!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@ranft wrote:

HOw do I setup the personal hotspot, I cannot see the PM's everyone else are getting!!

If you aren't able to activate a hotspot on your device, it will need to be activated on your account.

I would be worried if you could see the PM's that other people were getting! LOL. You won't be able to see any PM's other than the ones you send or receive - and as one hasn't been sent to you, there is nothing in your inbox at present. One of the eForum Team will send you instructions on how to get in touch soon!  Typically they reply in about 24 - 48 hours.

PWIAC

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ranft,

So my team can look into this for you, get in touch with us here.

We’ll be in touch in 48 hours, or for a quicker response please go to online help.

Cheers,

Laura