Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Personal Hotspot

Djfsadr
2: Seeker
Does anybody else have the same problem turning on personal hotspot on their new phone? It just forwards me to the vodafone help website, which isn't helpful at all as it mentions nothing about it?! Would really appreciate some help as it should be setup as standard?! Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Djfsadr
Worked it out in the end! Had to rest my cellular data network settings and then reboot my phone!

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

rhino7
4: Newbie

This may not be any help, but many years ago, when the hotspot feature was first added, I seem to remember that if you seleted the personal hotspot option from within the "mobile" settings page (rather than from the top level) it would kick it into life.  Of course that won't work if the tethering option isn't set on yout account (although I thought that it was set by default these days).

Djfsadr
Worked it out in the end! Had to rest my cellular data network settings and then reboot my phone!

Dannieey1995
How do I set my personal hotspot up without going to that web link as it no help

HI Dannieey1995,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Lcraughwell
1: Seeker
I cannot use my iPhone 5 as a personal hotspot anymore. I am on a monthly contract. Liam

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Lcraughwell wrote:
I cannot use my iPhone 5 as a personal hotspot anymore. I am on a monthly contract. Liam

Any chance you can provide a bit more detail.  What error messages are you getting?

PWIAC

Hi Lcraughwell.

Welcome to the eForum.

If you get in touch with us here, we’ll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah 

M_economou
1: Seeker
Hi, I am a TalkTalk pay monthly customer and can't get use my iPhone 5 to set up a personal hotspot as it diverts me to the Vodafone website. Can you pls tell me what settings to use to change that?
Thanks
Maria

Hi @M_economou,

You'll need to speak to Talk Talk as they'll need to activate it on your account.

Thanks,

Matt B