Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Proof of barring

alik346
2: Seeker
Hi I have been in touch with Vodaphone customer services 4 times this week, 3 times alone today but have not progressed at all. I lost my iphone 5 two weeks ago now and had the IMEI number and SIM blocked. Apparently I was due for an upgrade so did this instore whilst insurance claim was ongoing. I have since cancelled upgrade as I feel I could get a cheaper monthly tariff if I do a SIM only monthly contract once I get a replacement handset from insurance company. However insurance company has requested I get proof of barring document so this monday rang vodaphone explained that I needed this and was promised an email within 48 hours. This never transpired so in the morning rang Vodaphone requesting the same information and was sent an email of IMEI number, but,of the handset I had ugraded and cancelled not my lost phone handset! Rang vodaphone again, explaining the situation and again was promised an email using my lost handset details but lo and behold wrong IMEI sent again. Third time I made contact and advisor reported that she could not send emails, (despite her colleagues being able to earlier in the day), and when I expressed strongly that I wanted this inf urgently I was put on hold as she spoke to her supervisor with the details of the IMEI number I have on my records. I was fobbed again that her supervisor this info within 3-4 hours needless to say that I am still waiting for this info and am absolutely sure I will be given the wrong IMEI number. In the meantime I have received a bill higher than normal as I was on an upgrade for a short time in addition to my monthly bill and I am still on my existing contract for the past 2 weeks so far having used only 9 texts as shown on my account info. I have had an appaling behaviour by the store staff when I cancelled the upgrade and having a terrible service from customer service.
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Jamian
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @alik346

Welcome to the eForum.

So that we can help, I’ve sent you a private message to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jamian

alik346

I have just received another email form Vodaphone and the incorrect information has been sent yet again!  I have rang with the information required, responded to the emails sent and requested the same information on this forum but it appears vodaphone are unable to comprehend this very simple task. I keep being sent the IMEI number for the SOny Z3 compact which I had upgraded to and since cancelled.  I need the proOf of barring for the iphone lost on 18th February 2015.  Everytime i ring or send emails I have to wait 48 hours for response and then I am provided incorr3ct information.  Is this acceptable customer service?  In the meantime I am still paying for a contract.  My next step is to lodge a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman regarding this clear disregard for customer service.  Vodaphone clearly lack any ability to resolve my issues and fed up now.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alik346 

This isn’t good to hear.

Please see the email we’ve sent to you this morning.

I hope this is ok. If there’re any issues, please reply to the email.

Thanks,

Gemma

robjudges
1: Seeker

Like the post before-I have spent an hour on phone being sent fo pillar to post and got nowhere-finally was promised an e mail and a call back to see if I had received proof of barring.Guess what nothing. I filled in the form having given up on another run around.Form sent quite quickly with proof of purchase and all the other categories with N/A in them.This even though I asked for proof of barring. Is it too much to ask that when a phone is stolen and you ring up to kill it after this is done Vodafone ask-Is it insured? and iof yes they e mail you IMEI number proof of barring and proof of purchase if through them? Is that too much to ask.I have been with Vodafone nearly 25years but now I dread having anything to do with phoning them up.Anyway can anyone tell how the hell I can get proof of barring? thanks Rob

Hi @robjudges

I understand your frustration. 

I am going to send you a private message with further help. 

Louise