Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: How to access mobile internet (3G)

dws1969
2: Seeker

I have had my iphone 5s with you since mid November and I cannot access the internet when not connected to wifi. I had the iphone with O2 for years and never ever had a problem connecting to the net. Whats the point of having a phone that cant connect to the internet ANYWHERE and paying £39 p/m for the privilege. Ive checked all the settings and everythng else. Sick of payng for something im not using/getting!! so please note if it is not rectified I wont be paying anymore.

16 REPLIES 16

Right I've checked your network coverage for my area HU9 & HU5 and it states there are no issues but I should be able to access the net, but guess what NO I can't. The problem isn't intermittent is bloody permanent!! Today I couldn't even get a 3G signal, only GPRS, talk about prehistoric!!

Oh and yes I got the phone and sim card from you!! How I wish I'd stuck with O2, not once did I have to put up with any crap service of this kind from them.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

As asked before go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide and post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.  You will see the template you need to post in step 6.  Reply to this thread, copy and paste the template into a message, and enter your results.

PWIAC

Hi @dws1969

I understand you’re frustrated. The reason me and @drey_p are asking these questions is because we’re trying to help.

We’re aware that some customers have had issues with data when porting their number from another network in the past.

Did you port your number from O2 to Vodafone when you took out the contract?

Thanks,

Simon

drey_p

In fact, let's try and simplify things a bit.  Please could you provide the following information:

• The full postcodes where you are experiencing the issues.
  • Have you tried the SIM card in another handset?  If so, what happens?
  • Do you have friends or family who are on Vodafone - if so, are they experiencing the same issues are you are?
  • Have you manually entered the settings at all?

PWIAC

dws1969
No it was a brand new phone and sim card

Its not a specific post code area im having the problem with, it is every time i try to access the internet via 3G it just will not connect which is so frustrating especially when i never experienced this problem with O2.

drey_p

@dws1969 wrote:

Its not a specific post code area im having the problem with, it is every time i try to access the internet via 3G it just will not connect which is so frustrating especially when i never experienced this problem with O2. 

If it happens everywhere, it could indicate an issue with the handset.

• Have you tried the SIM card in another handset?  If so, what happens?
  • Do you have friends or family who are on Vodafone - if so, are they experiencing the same issues are you are?
  • Have you manually entered the settings at all?

PWIAC