Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rubbish on my phone

lsavidge
4: Newbie

I have a 5s. Recently my phone was polluted with some rubbish from U2. Please can someone help me delete it? I've deleted it once. It seems to have re-infested my phone.

Before anyone tells me to log into itunes... I don't have it installed. I don't have an appleid either.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

According to the Apple website, you can remove the album by following the instructions below. It's appears that you need an Apple ID to so.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6439

If you're not able to remove it, you may need to contact Apple support directly.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

drey_p
Hi there

According to the Apple website, you can remove the album by following the instructions below. It's appears that you need an Apple ID to so.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6439

If you're not able to remove it, you may need to contact Apple support directly.

PWIAC

Erm, how exactly did the reply posted to my question get accepted as a solution? It didn't solve my problem at all.

drey_p

@lsavidge wrote:

Erm, how exactly did the reply posted to my question get accepted as a solution? It didn't solve my problem at all.

It isn't currently marked as the solution!  But either way it does tell you want you need to do to remove the album.  Unfortunately you've chosen not to have an Apple ID or to use iTunes which doesn't fit in with Apple's method of removal so you are going to have to contact them for further advice (ironically telling you to contact Apple does solve your issue on this forum as the issue is created by Apple)

PWIAC

Hehe, yeah. I found how to unmark a post as the solution. Not sure how it got marked but there you go. I know your post proposes a solution but it doesn't solve my issue due to the way I have my phone configured. I'm looking at contacting Apple at the moment.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Isavidge,

drey_p has given the solution to your issue from a Vodafone point of view.  

Apple will be able to help you further if you have your phone configured differently from their preference.  

Thanks, 

Phil

Ok, I'm glad we cleared that up. A potential solution was provided, which didn't solve my issue, which is why I didn't accept it as a solution. Surely it is my decision as to which answer is most applicable to my particular issue? Apple support did resolve the issue in the end and unfortunately I don't know how they did it. How I configure my phone is my preference. Twice now, someone other than me has accepted an answer as the solution when it did not solve my problem.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Isavidge,

Thank you for letting us know that your issue has now been resolved.

If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to post.

DaveCD