Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Swap

Ethanbo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I upgraded my contract and have just received a new iphone 5s.  My old phone was an iphone 4 so the sim is different.  I am having terrible problems trying to get my old number on the new phone.  I have watched the youtube video but when I try to do it online it doesn't work.  I answer the questions - exisiting customer, yes I have a phone they can text, swap sim online and then nothing!!

Could it be the case that my old number will be on the new phone?  If not can someone please help getting frustrated :Sad_face:

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Sorry to learn your having issues.

No your number will still be on your original SIM card. The new SIM card will be presently a Blank One.

The sim swap moves your number and tariff across which should take a few minutes but can take occasionally up to 24 hours depending on how busy the network is.

Service would first stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started and then you'd insert the new SIM card and either turn the phone off and on or turn airplane mode on and off every approx 20 minutes to help with re connection to the network.

I assume your using http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/benefits/sim-swap/index.htm

If your still having issues initialising this then either speak to customer services by phone or live chat via the 'Contact Us ' tab at the foot of the forum or pop into a Vodaphone High Street Store with photo ID and they should be able to help you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The most reliable and quickest way to get your number onto your new sim is to go into a Vodafone store where they can transfer the information to the new sim and activate it for you.

Generally the new number will them be up and running withing 10 minutes.