Rank 1: Guest
trsroberts

Re: Sky sports free

So....my Sky Sports subscription has expired for the second time! Haha :-/

Message 81 of 198 (2,047 Views)
Firms06

This is beyond a joke.  I received my 5S on 24th September.  I still cannot get my sky sports mobile tv to work despite over 10 calls, escalations to the technical team etc etc etc.  I am getting so very tired and frustrated with this.  After two weeks of calls, following numerous occasions where I was told I'd be sent setup details, my sky account was reset, I had to remove and reinstall the app, change sky username etc etc etc, I managed to get the app to work, albeit for 5 minutes.  Having tried to use it again today, I am told my sky sports mobile tv subscription has expired.  Cue another tedious call to support, to be put through to the technical team, who say they can log in ok on the website using my login details - I did explain this is not the issue as i'm trying to access on my phone but was told it would work on my phone.  Obviously not wanting to have to wait another 20 minutes to get in the queue (I feel I should add that the callback feature did not work as my call got disconnected which wasted another 15 minutes), I asked the technician to call me back in 30 minutes.

Anyway, i'm currently waiting for a call back so I can tell the technician - not sure why i'm calling them that as they don't appear to have much technical knowledge as far as i've observed anyway - that despite uninstalling the app etc etc etc, it STILL DOES NOT WORK.

Vodafone really need to get this sorted.  I've paid a full month and only ONCE was I able to use the app.  ONE DAY!  This is ridiculous.  I really wouldn't recommend anyone to go with the sky sports option.  Better to pay direct to Sky i imagine, and use the free spotify instead which i'm going to try and do as it works out the same price.  

Message 82 of 198 (2,036 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
sibbaldl

I found it interesting / depressing to read this forum thread and see all the people who have had the same issues a myself.

I got the 5S on launch day and at first (for like 1 day) Sky Sports worked fine, but the very next day the "subscription expired" message appeared.

Over the next few days I went back and forth with tech support trying to resolve the issue. This included numerous uninstalls, resetting of the phone, reinstalling, signing up for packages again, not being able to sign up to package because only the option to purchase was there, manual roamining the carrier to reset settings (never happened), and dozens of calls where each and every time I had to repeat the same identification details and problem details over and over again.

Anyway a couple weeks back the problem was finally resolved and all was well with the world. That was until this morning when I discovered the bloody subscription expired message has returned.

I'm not sure I have the strength to go around the houses with three different people trying to get this problem sorted. It's beyond a joke. I'm a new vodafone user and I have to say i'm not impressed in the slightest (there was also problems buying the iPhone in the first place that took forever to sort out too!). I realise problems can happen with these things but given the time and number of people just on this forum having the same problem you'd think a solution would have been found by now :smileymad:

Message 83 of 198 (1,997 Views)
Firms06

I hear you, beyond a joke.  What makes it even laughable is getting a missed call and voicemail from Vodafone customer services asking me to call them back to discuss.  As if i'm going to waste another hour going back and forth.  My issues is with the level 3 team (whoever that involves) for the second time in two weeks, not very hopeful.On top of that, I've noticed that almost every call I make on my Iphone has the "call fail" message and I can't get through to people, my calls get cut off and despite trying to turn off my 4G as recommended - slightly defeats the point in having anything but an old school nokia with snake on it rather than the Iphone I bought for such "cutting edge" technology - it makes no difference.  What a joke.  If this were a car, i'd have taken it back and demanded a full refund but I fear i'm locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that can't make calls and including free subscriptions (main reason I stayed with Vodafone) that don't work.

What can you do? [waits for response from Vodafone]

Message 84 of 198 (1,982 Views)
Songwriter

I received my iPhone 5s on Friday and am working through the exact same issue, getting the 'Subscription Not Found' message despite having been told that everything is set up 100% OK as far as Vodafone is concerned.

2 calls to the tech team so far. One indicated it would be sorted out that day (Saturday), another thinking it might take about a week. Really disappointing that this ongoing issue hasn't been ironed out yet by the 2 companies. All the joy of getting a new phone somewhat ruined.

Hopefully the tech team will deliver, will report back if they do, or if they don't...

Message 85 of 198 (1,973 Views)
ajcobain

Its time we as users and Vodafone as suppliers accept that they haven't a clue what they are doing at any level of customer services or tech support.

I've had all the same problems as everyone here, been passed from pillar to post, been escalated and explained the same problem of about a dozen different people, been categorically assured that the issue has been resolved (but it wasn't), now been told that it has been escalated to third line tech and to Sky but that there is no timeline for resolution.

No one seems to accept or understand that this is shocking customer service and they certainly don't seem to understand that once the same issues causes repeatedly you are no longer in incident management, you're in problem mamagement and there should be a single co-ordinated approach - not dozens of different techs running around as individuals trying to sort the problem, given duff and different advise.

They seem to fall back on the fact that its a "free" service and therefore we should be grateful if it works and not complain if it doesn't - nevermind that they actively support it as a unique selling point on their price plans and it can be a deciding factor in whether a Vodafone plan represents value to a customer or not.  Why not go the whole hog and say "free Rollls Royce" with each plan and when you can't/don't provide it say "well it was free so you can't complain".

Shocking marketing.  Shocking customer service.  Shocking tech support.

But hey, what do they care, they've got your signature on a piece of paper and got your money coming in for the next two years.

Message 86 of 198 (1,937 Views)
ajcobain

UPDATE!!

Just been on to customer services again (had to explain the issue again despite it being on the notes!!)

Vodafone: "Tech support have confirmed that the issue has been escalated and they will be in touch shortly when it is resolved."

Me: "What do you mean by shortly?  Hours?  Days? Weeks?  Months"?

Voda:  "Unfortunately we can't give a timescale?"

Me: "Then how can you say it will be shortly?"

Voda:  "Tech support won't give a timescale because they are having to work with Sky to resolve the issue."

Me: "Then you can't really say shortly then can you?  Will they update me on progress?"

Voda:  "No, they'll be in touch once it is resolved"

Me: "Do you not understand that this is part of how you market the package and you're failing to deliver it to many users"

Voda:  "Well its working for plenty of other users."

So apparently if its working some some users that's OK and the rest of us can just wait!!

Message 87 of 198 (1,925 Views)
sibbaldl

[ Edited ]

I'm on the line now to get V on the case for my issue. Have already listened to the pre-recorded messages on the 191 number that I could repeat by heart and that take up 1.30 minutes of my life (luckily the call is free), and on hold listening to the same two ###### songs on permenant loop.

sigh.

and then i'll have to do the whole verification process as well. urgh.

Edit: so the chap at tech support simply recorded the fact I was having trouble and said the issue is being "escalated" because they're getting a number of calls about this. No ######? Reckons I'll either get a call, text or email but can't say when. Wonderful.

Message 88 of 198 (1,916 Views)
Wozzy

This is a joke.

Message 89 of 198 (1,914 Views)
ajcobain

Wozzy,

Its not a joke, jokes are funny (except Michael McIntyre's).

This is decidedly unfunny and is actually pathetic, verging on disgusting.

Message 90 of 198 (1,910 Views)
Wozzy

True about Michael McIntyre!! Haha. Yeah I know, it's not good enough and Vodafone's Customer Service now seems none existent! I've had 3 going on 4 weeks of this rubbish! First I had the Subscription validation not found error mesage - then was told to download Pack 2 and they wouldnt charge me the extra £5 a month just to see if that would make Pack 1 work...They did charge me, and it didn't work! It then worked for 1 day/1 afternoon! To then get the subscription has expired error message. I've had lot's of emails, tweets and messages blaming Sky, for me then to email them and copying Vodafone in on it, and for Sky to clarify 2/3 times it's not their issue but Vodafone's.

Current status is, Vodafone emailed me twice last week, confirming there is an issue with the Sky Sports subscription service, that they are aware of it, and they will contact me when the issue is resolved, but I can email them again in 4-5 working days, for a progress update on this!

I actually don't know anyone that has the Sky Sports subscription working - So Vodafone are just lying to themselves about the fact it works for "some"...Rubbish it's just those "some" are yet to be bothered to contact Vodafone after hearing it's a widespread issue!

Message 91 of 198 (1,904 Views)
Songwriter

Would be nice if someone senior from Vodafone could post something here about what they're doing to solve the problem. I hope they're even aware of it. Major strategic failure.
Message 92 of 198 (1,893 Views)
marcus5131

I do hate to say this but after all this issues I've had, including getting it working for one day, mine now works and has for about 5 days.

Believe me, if it stops working I'll be emailing Vodafone again to request they do the same fix again.

The tech reset the entertainment pack settings only account and two hours later it was working fine.

I have at no point phone Vodafone, I've done it all by email. I've always used the same reference number to avoid having more than one case open at any time.

I would say that I don't believe these problems are the techs fault on the basis that they can only work with what they have been provided by Vodafone. It's the company that need to do a large scale investigation into their software as that is where the problem is.

A couple of points on the methods they tell you to try.

The only time that you need to delete and reinstall the app is when they reset the package settings to force the app to re-try to connect to the Vodafone subscription.

The reset process that Vodafone tell you to go through with your phone, turning it off, removing the SIM card for 5 minutes replacing and turning back on won't actually do anything as this cannot affect the software on vodafones servers.

It doesn't matter how many times you create a new sky account it won't change anything as to activate the service on the app you have to connect through 3G and therefor the service is activated by your phone number and Vodafone account settings and not linked in anyway to a sky account.

At no time will signing up to a pay service like pack two activate a free service as the two packages are not linked in this manner.

This are my observations, take it or leave it. All is say is that it's quite clear that the issue lays entirely with the software on vodafones servers and this is what they need to look at. Once the techs reset the package and you sign up to it again it should work. If not then they just need to continue trying the reset process from their end until it works.

Hope this helps someone
Message 93 of 198 (1,892 Views)
ajcobain

Marcus5131,

If only it were that easy!

I've had them tell me they've reset it twice and given me categoric assurances that it would resolve the issue but (surprise surprise) it didn't.

There is something fundamentally wrong and they won't just come out and say it!!!

Message 94 of 198 (1,886 Views)
Songwriter

Thanks, that's useful info.
Message 95 of 198 (1,881 Views)
sibbaldl

I would agree with your observatiosn that the problem appears to lay firmly at the foot of the Vodafone servers (although as an I.T. person I can also see how it could be a problem between vodafone and sky servers), but a word of caution - don't get too excited about your service now working. I had my situation resolved 2 weeks ago much to my delight but as of this weekend the "subscription expired" message has re-materialised and now i'm knackered. This is now the third time I'm having to get this issue fixed. Internet sad-face.

Not to want to pish on your chips or owt, you understand. I'm actually glad someone can use this so called "service" at all. Enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Message 96 of 198 (1,876 Views)
marcus5131

Like I say, if it stops working again Vodafone will feel my wrath, just like they did the first time round!!
Message 97 of 198 (1,874 Views)
sibbaldl

Got to love Vodafone sometimes - they haven't done anything to fix my issue (only called them 40 minutes ago) but they're not slow texting me asking for feedback on my recent contact with support. Really Vodafone?

Message 98 of 198 (1,862 Views)
Songwriter

I phoned 191 again and they promised to chase up the tech team and call me back. If it's not resolved, or if I don't get a credible explanation within 24 hours I'm returning my phone as it is still within the 7 days and then I'll end my 15 year relationship with Vodafone. Sad, let's hope they sort it out.

Message 99 of 198 (1,845 Views)
ajcobain

Songwriter,

The reality is that they don't care whether you leave or not.  I made this perfectly clear with them last week (still in my cooling off) and the attitude was very off hand.

The reality is that you and I and everyone on here is only one individual in over a million customers, we're drops in the ocean.

Message 100 of 198 (1,831 Views)