Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tethering to PS Vita

Cj1982
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I have an iPhone 5S and just bought a PS Vita, i am wanting to be able to teather the vita to my phone via the personal hotspot however the PS Vita is saying that the Nat Type is Type 3 and features such as remote play are unavailable due to this Nat Type 3. 

How do i go about getting this NAT Type 3 changed so i get a NAT Type 1 or 2 and can play the vita through my phone?

Do i need to get Vodafone to open ports for me to be able to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cj1982 

You can tether the devices if you're a Pay monthly customer.

If you're using a Pay as you go SIM tethering is not possible.

Make sure you have the correct internet settings for your agreement.

DaveCD

Cj1982
The issues I am having is that when I have it tethered the download speed on the device is a lot slower than my phone is. For example I have a 30mb download and 24mb upload and the device only says it's got a 3mb down and 1mb up resulting in the device not working.

Also the device tells me the NAT type is 3 and needs to be 1 or 2 how do I change this?

I am a pay monthly customer.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Cj1982

From what I can see, to change your NAT setting, you’ll need to access your router setting.

With you using a hotspot this isn’t an available option.

I believe it’ll stay on NAT level 3 when tethering.

Thanks,

Laura

Cj1982
Hi Laura.

I know Its a setting on a router but as its tethered through my phone Vodafone is the provider therefore the one who controls what ports are forwarded etc and want to know if someone at Vodafone can resolve this