Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Touchscreen not working

InaStar82
4: Newbie
Hi
I just went to unlock my phone and it will not do anything, at first I thought it had possibly frozen so switched off no joy, then I tried a reset again no joy, Siri is working but that's it!
I even took my sim out as it lost network (I always have nearly full signal)
Has anyone heard if this before?
I purchased the 5s last September when it came out collected it on 27th sept I don't stay near an apple store would have to take day off work to go earliest I can go us Friday
Please help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Firstly try a hard reset of the phone: hold the home and on/off buttons down until the Apple logo appears then release the buttons and let the phone reboot itself.

If that does not resolve the problem and as it is still under warranty you can take it into a Vodafone store to send for repair, but quite honestly an Apple store is your best bet as if there is a fault they can diagnose it while you are there and they can give you a replacement on the spot.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

kids

Firstly try a hard reset of the phone: hold the home and on/off buttons down until the Apple logo appears then release the buttons and let the phone reboot itself.

If that does not resolve the problem and as it is still under warranty you can take it into a Vodafone store to send for repair, but quite honestly an Apple store is your best bet as if there is a fault they can diagnose it while you are there and they can give you a replacement on the spot.

Thanks I tried that and not worked :Sad_face:
I think I'll pop up to vodafone later as can't get to apple store until Friday but if vodafone rather I waited till then I'll go then, so annoying!

I've since spoken to apple via phone and they can't fix it, going to apple store on friday - soonest I can go due to work