Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iPhone 5

Nutts1976
2: Seeker

I want to unlock my iPhone 5 after upgarding to a iPhone 6 Plus - I've completed the online form and received the confirmation email advising that the request has been actioned. However, when I put an EE SIM in the phone and connect to iTunes there is a message on the handset advising that the SIM is invalid and then a similar message appears on iTunes.

I've tried calling Vodafone, using Live Chat but both have been useless:

LiveChat advised me to go into a Vodafone store or an Apple store - The Vodafone store said there is nothing they can do and I should ring 191 to follow-up and then the Apple store siad there is nothing they can do as its down to my network.

I rang 191 after visiting the Vodafone store and they said I should contact EE as its there SIM not working in the phone - something I'm very dubious about as the SIM works in other phones.

If anyone can I help I'd be grateful as I'm going round in circles with Vodafone.

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Once Vodafone has passed the unlock request on to Apple, it can take Apple up to 21 days for the unlock to be processed by the Apple unlock server. All you can do is keep syncing the phone with iTunes until it works.

Apple won't tell you anything and Vodafone has zero visibility into the process and won't be able to tell you anything.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
Hi, it can take up to 21 days for this to be actioned, when did you complete the form?

I received my confirmation email on 20th October, which is almost four weeks ago

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If you post the reference number on the email you received from Vodafone one of the tech team will be able to take a look at what is happening for you.

Nutts1976
Thanks for the suggestion - The reference you mention is 1492215

Hi @Nutts1976

For more information on how to unlock iPhones see here.

Cheers,

Laura