cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone has blacklisted my phone as stolen, but it was working until recently. Why?

Roooo
2: Seeker
Hello
I recently got a new contract (iphone 5s and sim) from vodafone via mobilephonedirect. The sim never worked on the phone, vodafone sent me many sims and none of them worked, however the phone worked fine in france and never in the UK. I took the phone to apple they said it is working fine but locked to vodafone. Took the phone to vodafone they said it is blacklisted as stolen of lost. Called mobilephonedirect they sent me a proof of purchase but still vodafone is unable to help. I have been paying a monthly plan for a phone that is not working. Please can you advice me here? Thx
2 REPLIES 2

Roooo
I have been having the same issue with vodafone, the new phone never works on vodafone sim but does work abroad. They said take it go apple, apple said it is fine, take it to vodafone, customer service would say let us call you back but they never call. I took it today to the shop they said this phone ( brand new one as per apple) was blacklisted as lost/stolen. Really nightmare!

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Was the phone a new phone supplied to you on contract or has the phone been replaced at any time since you first had it?

When it works abroad is that using a Vodaone sim or a local sim?

Have you checked if it is your sim that has been blocked rather than the phone?

If the phone was blacklisted I am suprised that Apple did not tell you so as it would show on their sysem as such.