cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Waited almost 70 hours for my nano sim to be activated... when will it happen!?!!!!!

AbiHutton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I upgraded from a Samsung to an iphone 5s on Friday at around 4.45pm (UK). I was told it would take up to 72 hours for the sim to be activated (the man popped the new sim in for me), I didn't actually believe it would take the full 72hours - usually these things are said to cover the companies back... i'm convinced i will get to 72 hours and the sim still won't be working???! I just want to play with my new phone!!!

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AbiHutton,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

If the SIM was activated in one of our stores, it shouldn't take longer than 24 hours. 

If it was done via a third party such as Carphone Warehouse or Phones 4 U, then it may take longer as they pass the request over.

If the SIM still hasn't swapped over, try resetting the new phone while the old one is switched off. 

If that doesn't work, you can activate the SIM online here or via the phone here.

If you're still struggling, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, 

Ben