Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will my new phone activate?

LisaBaillie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi guys,

My contract was up for renewal so I upgraded from a Nokia Lumia to an iPhone, and this was done on Saturday 13th September. The girl in the phones4u shop popped my new sim in the phone for me (I'm keeping the same number) and told me it would take around 72 hours for my new phone to start working. She also said it would take 2-24 hours as this is more realistic.

It's now Monday 15th September and my old phone still works and my new phone doesn't. Just wondering whether it really takes the full 72 hours or whether there is an issue. Quite concerned that if it isn't up and running by tomorrow lunchtime ( end of 72 hours) that it might not automatically do it for me... Just annoying having to carry 2 phones around. Tried switching my old phone and new phone off and on but doesn't work.

Any help??
1 REPLY 1

Jordo__
13: Advanced Member
It seems like they haven't put the SIM activation through, Lisa, this would be the reason your old SIM is still working and your new SIM not. My best advise here would be to either activate your SIM through the Vodafone website, or pop in to a store when you're free. They will give you a new SIM in the store and activate it for you. Hope this helps.