Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

dropped my iphone 5s down the toilet

charly123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I dropped my iphone 5s down the toilet, is there any hope for it? It is currently drying out in a bag of rice so will leave it for as long as possible. Stupidly haven't got round to insuring it as i haven't had it very long so if it doesn't work is there anything else I can do other than buying a new phone?

it was only in for a second and got it out, dried it and turned it off! I'm absolutely gutted, don't think my contents insurance will cover it either. Please help :Sad_face:

6 REPLIES 6

electrawz
13: Advanced Member
You could always insure it now. Use a third party provider like protect my bubble where they don't inspect the phone before insuring you. A bit duplicitous but an option.

Thank you for replying, if I did this now and my phone doesn't work when I switch it on would I be able to claim straight away of would I have to wait?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi sorry to here that. What you are considering is illegal and is insurance fraud so be warned.

Better not do that then! looks like i'll be saving up for a new phone :Sad_face:

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@charly123 wrote:

Better not do that then! looks like i'll be saving up for a new phone :Sad_face:

If it does not dry out then take it to an Apple store, they will do you a replacement phone for about £150, they have alo been known to swop out  phones free of charge,

It is worth a try.

63johnw
Have you checked your house insurance, mine was covered under that when mine got stolen.

Also some bank accounts come with phone insurance.